Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I had purchased a 2017 Sahara just about fully loaded and has everything I wanted except the upgraded audio package. I've been looking into having a sub installed but am not looking to have a box in the back due to having a lab and husky in the back with the seats down. So I was curious if it's possible to have it installed in the side panel like the earlier jks or in the floor like the newer ones. Thank you in advance for the help!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Or, search up Mattk11 who makes a fiberglass box for under the drivers or passengers seat.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello, I had purchased a 2017 Sahara just about fully loaded and has everything I wanted except the upgraded audio package. I've been looking into having a sub installed but am not looking to have a box in the back due to having a lab and husky in the back with the seats down. So I was curious if it's possible to have it installed in the side panel like the earlier jks or in the floor like the newer ones. Thank you in advance for the help!
Austin - I have the sub mounted behind the rear seat and it doesn't pose any issues for my two 140+ lb Newfoundlands. It's a JL Audio compact sub in a rectangular box. I know that's not what you are looking for, but thought I would add my $.02 cents.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Is this what you're looking for? The JL Stealthbox?
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited '07-Up - JL Audio
it fits on the rear wheel wells for Wrangler Unlimited

Or in the floor (kinda) but bigger than factory in the floor system on 2dr
Jeep Wrangler '07-Up - JL Audio
i have two of these JL Audio Stealth's mounted and absolutely love them. Plenty of Bass driven by a JL Audio HD 900 Amp. I have the amp mounted behind the passenger side Sub on a drawer slider. Easy access and easy to get too for adjustments. I'm really picky with my music, I only listen to FLAC file music and i am 100% happy with my system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is this what you're looking for? The JL Stealthbox?
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited '07-Up - JL Audio
it fits on the rear wheel wells for Wrangler Unlimited

Or in the floor (kinda) but bigger than factory in the floor system on 2dr
Jeep Wrangler '07-Up - JL Audio
Thanks for the help, I think I'm going to go with a JL stealthbox. I've heard nothing but great things about JL and I like the fact they are out of the way for the dogs if my back seats are down. Also like the fact I don't lose truck space.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Is there anything like this available for two doors?
I don't know. I believe the drivers seat will tilt forward which would limit what you can put under it. I have seen the sub-woofer somewhere without the bracket and you might be able to fashion your own bracket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts