Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2001. There was an option that year for a factory sub in the center console I believe. My Jeep does not have that. I'm interested in adding one. Anyone have suggestions on brand or anything?

I want to replace my 4 factory speakers and add that sub.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
The factory sub is not that great. Consider adding a powered subThe Kenwood KSW-10 is a good compact one that will fit under the front or rear seats.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Neil F. said:
The factory sub is not that great. Consider adding a powered subThe Kenwood KSW-10 is a good compact one that will fit under the front or rear seats.
Awesome, thanks.

Didn't want something that would go in the trunk area bc so little room as us. Under seat great option.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Ok, my drivers does not fold. I did have it there until I got tired of the thumping on my ass so I put it under the rear seat.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I read how to put it in the rear seat, but it seems difficult... And i don't really like the idea of tearing the seat apart...

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Not in the seat, under the seat. It's only 4 inches high.

·
Registered
319 Posts
OH! guess I need to learn how to read haha. How does putting it UNDER the rear seat affect the fold and tumble rear seat?

·
Registered
613 Posts
mraybrake said:
OH! guess I need to learn how to read haha. How does putting it UNDER the rear seat affect the fold and tumble rear seat?
Nope.

·
Registered
613 Posts
mraybrake said:
You have to put it IN your rear seat. not under

·
Registered
613 Posts
Neil F. said:
Under as in bolted to the floor.
That's an amp. Not subs.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Lbailey21 said:
That's an amp. Not subs.
No that's a subwoofer :) Kenwood make it. I forget the model number but its one of their compact subs. Amp and subs built into one

·
Registered
613 Posts
holy crap. ive never seen that lol

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had the previous Kenwood model that had a 6.5" round driver and a 6.5" passive radiator in one box with an amp. It sounded great under the driver's seat. The pic that Neil F. posted is the later model with an oval driver & oval passive radiator. I haven't heard one of these yet, but I'd like to try one. It's a good design for a jeep that already has limited space.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
The new one is the KSW-10. I had a KSW-1 also but it stopped working a few months ago. I got new new style in part because the same wiring plugged in. I don't know and maybe it was my imagination but I thought the old one had more bass. No matter, just got rid of the stock head unit and the speaker level inputs to the sub and got a new head unit with RCA ouputs. Wow the sub sounds so much better now. Much better bass. (Note I also have the factory sub enclosure with a 7" Bazooka sub in it)

·
Registered
981 Posts
I finally just gave up. Took my Polk out of the center console and put a kicker in the back. Going to build a new box around the polk to take up less space then will put the Kicker in the car... or something who knows.

·
Registered
14 Posts
you can build a box and fit it in the center console. I just did this last month. It is a little difficult because of all the angles, but it is do-able. I was able to fit an 8" kikker in the center console and i put the amp under the drivers seat. It isnt going to thump, but it does offer a little bit of a bass boost that helps the overall sound.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts