Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my subwoofer out of the back of my '11 JKU-S in order to install a third row seat. Now I have a large gap against the tub and exposed seat belt mechanism. As shown in picture:

Since this subwoofer came standard in the Sahara and Rubicon, I am assuming the standard Sport had a different piece here to enclose the seatbelt and wall. Does anyone have any pictures of the piece that goes back here on a Sport and a Mopar Part number? I would like to replace it in order to close back in this gap.

Thanks
Clake

·
Registered
249 Posts
That looks nice. What seat did you use and where did you buy it? Also the seat belts are they stock or aftermarket? Did you make your own mount or did you you use the Teraflex or some other? I have 6 boys and am planning on a 3rd row seat install this spring.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CRNA: the seat is from little passengers seats. The seat belts come installed on the seat with the deluxe package. Two shoulder straps with lap belt. Middle seat has only lap belt. Everything you need to install (bracket, template, hw) is included.

I don't want this thread to become about the seat, though. I am looking for pictures / part number of the stock '11 sport of the piece that goes in this location, since the sport comes sans subwoofer. Thanks

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Here ya go. Just went out and took these of my '11 JKU Sport. No clue on the part number for this, but I will see what I can find.

Also, if you are inclined to send me a box of cookies for my picture taking efforts, I will PM you my address. :thumb::rofl:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4fit said:
Here ya go. Just went out and took these of my '11 JKU Sport. No clue on the part number for this, but I will see what I can find.
Awesome! Exactly what I need. I will see if I can track down a part number cause I know it will fit

4fit said:
Also, if you are inclined to send me a box of cookies for my picture taking efforts, I will PM you my address. :thumb::rofl:
Here is a stack of cookies: http://www.medifasthealth.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/59021335.jpg

Thanks, Clake!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Okay, here is a question. With the subwoofer, there is a provision for the 12V plug. Do the Sports have the 12V plug in the cargo area like the Sahara does? My thinking is that I can buy that panel if I remove my sub, and still make it look OE.

--Sean

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone doing a JK8 conversion may have my missing piece

Ok, well I found the part number from Mopar for the passengers side rear cargo trim/molding:1PU12DX9AC. I have been told that part is showing to be in stock anywhere in the entire Chrysler system and no ETA to manufacture them. If it were to be ordered it there would be no ETA, and may never come it. :banghead:

I was recommended to me to see if any one doing a JK8 conversion on a Sport trim JKU would not be using that piece. I have reached out to conversion shop online to see if they have those available.

Is anyone doing a JK8 conversion that may have this piece available?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I meant to say "I have been told that part is NOT showing to be in stock anywhere in the entire Chrysler system and no ETA to manufacture them"

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think you have the incorrect part. I have a '12 JKUR w/Infinity. I replaced the entire system and the subwoofer with a JL Audio Wrangler Stealthbox, and had the exact same issue as you, the missing piece and bare metal.

My dealer said it's Part # 1PU12DX9AG and it go's for 77.50 plus tax and he can have it in a week. I just ordered it yesterday. We'll see how long it takes to come in and if it fits.

So, check out that part number which is different from yours.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Ill trade your sub panel, for my non sub panel!

·
Registered
760 Posts
trade

:dance:, hi i have a 12 jk sport with out the sub woffeer, your best bet would be to trade it with another jeep owner. for the filler panel, i am
sure u can find a jeep trade person, i did remove the subwofer out of my
last jeep07jk but it had the filler panel the change was made on the 11 and 12 jk. if u can not find anyone to trade with i would consider it,
you can email me if you can not find anyone to trade with. i live in florida.:wavey:

·
Registered
3 Posts
:surrender:Well I just got a 2012 without a sub. Looking for part # for sub. With standard unit not the infinity model is it even hooked up. I'll even swap. My sport is two weeks old.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Okay, here is a question. With the subwoofer, there is a provision for the 12V plug. Do the Sports have the 12V plug in the cargo area like the Sahara does? My thinking is that I can buy that panel if I remove my sub, and still make it look OE.

--Sean
Just to answer your question, regardless of Sport/Sahara/Rubi/whatever, if it has the Infinity system with the sub, you have the rear 12V. If you have a Sport without the Infinity system, you don't, and from what I understand the wiring is not just hidden either it doesn't exist.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have opened the panel on my Sport S and the wiring harness is there. Again on the model I have is it hooked up to the system. Now is the infinity part just the speakers with amplified sub? The system I have is the sirus xm bluetooth voice command steering column unit. Looking at my window sticker, for an extra $395 I could of had 7 speaker 365w infinity w/subwoofer system.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I swapped out the panels (didn't want the subwoofer) but for some reason the piece that wraps around the rollbar does not fit the new panel without subwoofer. Did anyone else have this problem? and is there a part number for that piece? Dealership didn't have a number for it. Also has anyone tried to make a 12v outlet for the back using the subwoofer connection w/o subwoofer panel?

·
Registered
171 Posts
JDaPP: Are you sure you got the panel for the right year?

07-10 have one style panel and 11-12 have a different one.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts