Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing my KICKER sub this weekend and wondering where others mounted the volume knobs.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I didn't feel the need for installing the knob.. I set it once on the unit (ok, set it a few times to get it right) then I can fine-tune it from the head-unit..
Why do you need the knob?

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't feel the need for installing the knob.. I set it once on the unit (ok, set it a few times to get it right) then I can fine-tune it from the head-unit..
Why do you need the knob?
Thinking for different genres of music I listen to, I can change on the fly.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The control knob for my Kicker Hideaway sub is to the right of the steering column near my knee...very convenient location and easy to reach and adjust.

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for ideas. Trying to mount somewhere without cutting up the plastic. Might not be able to find a spot.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
(That didn't link right for some reason; David Rams pic above)
My Cb is where his knobs are. My sub-knob is at the opening/hole to the upper right that is currently vented. Just cut that out all the way and put it there.
Don't stress about cutting the plastic. If you screw it up that piece isn't expensive to replace.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
I left mine in the case and used 3M tape to stick it to the side of the console right near the emergency/parking brake lever. Perfect placement so I can reach it w/o moving except my and from my lap (12" to the right) and no drilling.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I agree 100 % with Dirt Boy- especially on the Kicker sub.
If he has the standard head unit like I did (the 130N) there is NO adjustment pertaining to any sub. Just the generic bass adjustment to all speakers. Even the upgraded factory units don't adjust that well from what others have told me. The Kicker is very heavy handed on the bass- I did find myself using the knob a lot. Ie: EDM to "normal" music.

I have my Pioneer head unit custom-EQ'd to the sub how I want it. Which is pretty bass heavy. But occasionally I want less. Takes .5 seconds to turn down the knob. Vs. going thru 3 or 4 screens to my EQ to change the bass. For what might be one or two songs.
And...its a Jeep. Try hitting those buttons on the trail or on streets riddled with construction. I've accidentally altered my custom tune twice in less than a month.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts