Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Direction you would take Jeep Wrangler

• Smaller, old school, ie CJ5 or MB

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • Full-on independent suspension

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • Hybrid (electrive drive at each wheel)

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Bring back the Scrambler

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Go to the money, ie Grand Cherokee

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Keep the JK forever

Votes: 39 39.8%
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Make diesels available on all models and trim levels.. for everything that can handle it.. and remove the DEF... tell the feds to piss off ;-)

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Not exactly any of the above...

but here is what i would do:

1. have to have small cute suv's to offset bad mpg gov't bs... so at least design something that is not a clone of the rest of the market place.

2. Put the new ram diesel in the wrangler..

3. Come out with Jeep pickup.

4. Grand Cherokee hybrid.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Sell off all but the Wrangler model for as many a billion as I could, that's first. Then party and enjoy a multi million dollar income as we build several different do all be all models.

2- dr.
4- dr.
2- dr. 110" wheel base
Pickup version on a 116-120" wheel base.
Bare bones option
Hemi options
Diesel options
Eight speed auto
Refined short throw manual
Triple range transfer case
Axle/gear/locker choices
Rear seat delete option on all models
Tire options up to 35" on all models

And yes state of the art IFS available.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Go to a full on independent suspension and offer factory lift kits that allow for warranty work (utilizing black box technology)!

·
Registered
157 Posts
1. Better paint jobs, and have at least one shade of blue body color per year.
2. Upgrade the stock speakers and have at least one USB port on every model.
3. Make a stock grill screen for every Wrangler model.
4. Engineer an easier soft top to take on and off.
5. Have them make me a one-off, factory produced maize and blue U. of Michigan edition Rubicon.

·
Registered
448 Posts
For the wrangler, I'd keep the JK pretty much intact and evolve it over time. Probably stay with solid axles. For Jeep in general, I'd make two divisions, one just plain "Jeep", that had the wrangler, and a bigger SUV similar in style but three row seating and no compromise off road drivetrain (think Jeep Rescue), plus a smaller baby wrangler, but that still has solid off road cred. Would probably also make either the JK or baby wranger in a pickup version. Then another Jeep "lite" division that made a few vehicles that were more focused on fuel economy, mass appeal, and overall costs.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
1. Better paint jobs, and have at least one shade of blue body color per year.
2. Upgrade the stock speakers and have at least one USB port on every model.
3. Make a stock grill screen for every Wrangler model.
4. Engineer an easier soft top to take on and off.
5. Have them make me a one-off, factory produced maize and blue U. of Michigan edition Rubicon.
3 and 4 are totally unnecessary.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
297 Posts
You guys are a confusing bunch -_- all the hate on IFS and its pretty popular atm.

I would want a waterproof interior with all the electronics and head unit sealed or at least having a nice cover like those on boats. Add a V8 option and maybe increase the towing capacity as well.

Honestly there is not much I'd change with the JK. :)

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
You guys are a confusing bunch -_- all the hate on IFS and its pretty popular atm.

I would want a waterproof interior with all the electronics and head unit sealed or at least having a nice cover like those on boats. Add a V8 option and maybe increase the towing capacity as well.

Honestly there is not much I'd change with the JK. :)
Popular with who?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
full tilt independent is amazing. but 2 problems; you're not going to get a full-tilt version from the manufacturer and modifying is expensive and complicated. Jeep people like to tinker so solid axles are perfect.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
For the wrangler I would eliminate all plastic trim, go back to vinyl seats (easy to wipe off after a rain) make carpet or bed liner options. Truly waterproof the interior.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts