Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently my Jeep has a bulls eye on it. In the two years I've owned it I had to replace the windshield, front driver side flare (ice storm caused a tree limb to break it) and now my front bumper has been hit. I'm guessing why I was enjoying a day down the shore someone backed into my bumper and left some damage. The joy of parking in a lot. I didn't notice the damage till a few days later. Here are some pics

It appears only the plastic shelf over the Bumper beam is damaged, fog light still works. I did a quick web search and it seems that part runs about $350. I was going to go to some body shops and get an estimate or two. I know getting a full steel bumper would probably be best, maybe install some spikes for future warning. :p Just looking for some suggestion. I hate to leave it, because I want my Jeep looking nice. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Recently discovered similar damage from a parking lot hit & run. After evaluating what options were available, surprised to learn a Warn Elite was not that much more than the price on OEM plastic.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That sucks about the damage
I'm curious to see what suggestions are made and what route you go with. I was also thinking about a new front bumper but I don't want to lose my fog lights

·
Registered
342 Posts
U can pick a replacement up pretty cheap on eBay or Craigslist for $75-$100. It's really easy to change out just undo 8 bolts.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think I sold my front bumper with the fog lights for like $25-$30 on craigslist. Look there for all stock jeep parts! There are plenty!

I really like my Ace Engineering bumpers. You can replace those fog lights with a 20" LED light bar and really throw some lumens down! Win!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't know how far Willow Grove is to Fort Lauderdale but I have a stock bumper with fog lights you can have. It's almost new and in perfect condition. All you have to do is come get it.

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
So apparently my Jeep has a bulls eye on it. In the two years I've owned it I had to replace the windshield, front driver side flare (ice storm caused a tree limb to break it) and now my front bumper has been hit. I'm guessing why I was enjoying a day down the shore someone backed into my bumper and left some damage. The joy of parking in a lot. I didn't notice the damage till a few days later. Here are some pics

It appears only the plastic shelf over the Bumper beam is damaged, fog light still works. I did a quick web search and it seems that part runs about $350. I was going to go to some body shops and get an estimate or two. I know getting a full steel bumper would probably be best, maybe install some spikes for future warning. :p Just looking for some suggestion. I hate to leave it, because I want my Jeep looking nice. Thanks in advance.
You can probably pick up a take off front bumper from someone that swapped to an aftermarket one for cheap or free. If you like the look and function of an aftermarket Front Bumper then go with that! Let me know which ones you like and I'll get you a quote.

-Ryan

·
Registered
725 Posts
Find an OEM take off in the classifieds here or ebay as mentioned earlier. You should not have to spend more than $50. I guess you were down at the Jersey shore? My family is up in Willow Grove. The traffic there has gotten ridiculous. My brother's Jeep got hit within the first year of owning it up there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts