Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo guys so I'm changing my jeep up quite a bit in the coming months.
I'll be bed lining the exterior a dark gray and painting my new RK long arm suspension system, steering, and other accents in a bright orange color. Should be pretty unique and awesome looking! I can't wait for my stuff to come in so I can get started!

I'm wanting to name my Jeep and put the name as a banner decal on the hood in orange. What should I name it.... Oh by the way I'll be living in East Tennessee in a few months and wheeling around the Smoky Mountains a lot, so I was thinking something to do with an animal in the mountains or something like that. Or something relating to my new color scheme.:)

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Yo guys so I'm changing my jeep up quite a bit in the coming months.
I'll be bed lining the exterior a dark gray and painting my new RK long arm suspension system, steering, and other accents in a bright orange color. Should be pretty unique and awesome looking! I can't wait for my stuff to come in so I can get started!

I'm wanting to name my Jeep and put the name as a banner decal on the hood in orange. What should I name it.... Oh by the way I'll be living in East Tennessee in a few months and wheeling around the Smoky Mountains a lot, so I was thinking something to do with an animal in the mountains or something like that. Or something relating to my new color scheme.:)
The first thing that popped into my brain for gray/orange would be something "tiger" related. Good luck on finding the right name. :pc-ouch:

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
The thing I find about naming a vehicle whether it's a boring sedan or a Jeep is that they typically name themselves. Once you've completed the mods you should drive it for a while. Putting a name on the hood is easy. Putting the wrong name on a hood is IMO bad juju. I drove my TJ for three years before I was able to name it. Had to get some experience behind the wheel before I was able to figure out its character.

Or you could just name it Brad.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
"Snuffy"

Just kidding! :)

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
:include:. Need to see it first

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shoot, sorry for not putting a picture on here, but here it is as it stands right now! I'll be painting it dark gray and changing somoe of my accents to orange though

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The thing I find about naming a vehicle whether it's a boring sedan or a Jeep is that they typically name themselves. Once you've completed the mods you should drive it for a while. Putting a name on the hood is easy. Putting the wrong name on a hood is IMO bad juju. I drove my TJ for three years before I was able to name it. Had to get some experience behind the wheel before I was able to figure out its character.
Yeah I've had this jeep for three years as well, I'm just blanking on what to name it.

Do you have any kids? Did you ask others what you should name him/her?

My point is it should be something personal to you. Not a name that some stranger comes up with. ;)
Nah don't have any kids. I've asked some friends of mine who have been on many Jeep adventures with me, and we're all trying to think of a good name, but I wanted some more input :)

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Yeah I've had this jeep for three years as well, I'm just blanking on what to name it.

Nah don't have any kids. I've asked some friends of mine who have been on many Jeep adventures with me, and we're all trying to think of a good name, but I wanted some more input :)
The name will come. Have patience.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm thinking Rocky (since I'll be ROCK crawling in the ROCKY Mountains) or Battleship (since my Jeep will be big and gray) as possibilities

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Smoky

·
Registered
524 Posts
Shoot, sorry for not putting a picture on here, but here it is as it stands right now! I'll be painting it dark gray and changing somoe of my accents to orange though
Ok, new thought: maybe just keep your Jeep the color it already is? That way you still have a beautiful Jeep AND you get to use all the money you would have spent on other upgrades :thumb:

In all seriousness, I think someone above me essentially posted what I would have said: the Jeep will eventually name itself. When I started adding accents and such to mine they kept following a general theme so the name ended up falling into place without me having to think about it.

Maybe as an idea, I know a lot of people with orange Jeeps do something related to the Orange "Crush" color or soda. I realize your Jeep won't be orange, but parts of it will which might make it look cool - something like "The Crusher." Or you could play to the orange color and do something "Sunseeker."

Or just completely go off the rails and name it something with no meaning at all. Like Janice.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm thinking Rocky (since I'll be ROCK crawling in the ROCKY Mountains) or Battleship (since my Jeep will be big and gray) as possibilities
ROCKY mountains are far from East Tennessee. Since you will be in the Appalachian mts, more specifically the Blue Ridge, how about something like "Black Ridge" or "Apalachee Traveler" (Apalachee is a native american tribe and the origin of the Appalachian name). I don't think I like traveler in the second name but couldn't quickly think of anything better. But you get the point.

BTW, Go Gators! :thumb:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I believe it already has a name. Jeep, I think. It's on the grill.

But if you must rename it, here's a few ideas.

Bruce
Ron
Steve
Phill
Randy
George
Bill
Jim
Harry

I have many more name ideas, just let me know if you'd like to hear them.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts