Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, just recently joined the forum and was wondering if anybody knew a good mechanic that has worked around or specialized in jeeps in Delaware. I am wanting to do a v8 engine swap in my 97 wrangler and want someone that knows their way around a jeep to swap it. If you know anybody please help out, Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
V8 swaps can be done well or not so well. Either way they take your money. Just because one person had one good experience with a mechanic, or knows one, doesn't guarantee good workmanship. It's not easy choosing the right person to do this, there are so many variables. You really want someone who specializes in doing just what you want. For years, over and over. It would be worth it to go out of town to find the right place. I think in most cases you don't just drive off into the sunset with no problems, I think in most cases you have adjustments, at least.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Excellent post by Willysdave ( above )

Yep , you want to find someone who has done this exact same thing , over and over , as excellently pointed out by Willysdave . Only advise I'd like to add is : don't limit your search to Delaware . Find the Best , no matter where he is , and pay the Best properly . :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts