Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the AEV Dualsport 3.5" SC kit on my 2015 JKU, along with a chromoly tie rod that I was running on my 2013. I also had a Teraflex steering stabilizer and Synergy tie rod bracket.

The issue in having is that the high steer kit on the AEV lift relocates the axle side mount for the stabilizer at a higher angle, which would not allow me to properly thread the mounting bolt to the Synergy tie rod bracket.

Is there a better tie rod mount that will allow the stabilizer to mount at an angle?

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
I was looking at an AEV 3.5 turn key JK350 and it had the relocated axle side mount and the Steering Stabilizer was mounted using the Factory Tie Rod Mount but rotated up and even forward a bit...

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I won't be able to use the stock tie rod mount because I swapped the stock setup onto my 13 to keep the upgraded tie rod.

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
I dont know if it will work 100%, but the metalcloak one looks a little bit raised and should work with most aftermarket stabilizers. My JKS has to be mounted with the u bolts away from the SS, because the body of the SS hits the u bolts. Whereas the Metalcloak one seems like it clears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts