Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Don't do it. I have that exact wheel on my daily driver. They look awesome...when they're new. Within 2 years the clear had peeled off and they are heavily pitted. If you really want this design, it is made by Ultra but is more expensive if you buy it as an Ultra wheel. It is possible that when Ultra puts their name on it they use a better finish on it, but I can't say for sure.

I got lots of compliments on these for the first year or so, but I wouldn't do it again. PM me an email address and I'll send you a pic of what they look like now that they're almost 4 years old.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm getting a black JK, so was trying to steer away from black wheels. I didn't want chrome, but was looking for something raw/polished. I also could strip off the clear coat...

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Unfortunately the clear is the only thing protecting them. The finish is machined, not polished. If you strip the clear they will look like crap within months, if not weeks. If they were polished you would have a fighting chance, but raw machined aluminum will not maintain its finish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts