Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I raise my top and hook the window frame latches, the left side door sun-rider pin automatically hooks into place. I noticed today that the right side won't automatically attach unless I manually pull the lever that you normally use to release the top and retract the pin so it will connect.

I imagine this is some sort of pin issue and not normal since the left side automatically connects. Am I correct?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Took the Jeep in today and they are going to order a new passenger door soft top piece that should fix the latch issue. They also are going to order new roll bar padding because of something rubbing it really bad causing it to rip already, and also noticed that the passenger door was really hard to shut and that it wasn't aligned properly.

Good news is it will all be covered under warranty, I'm a little concerned with how bad the QA on these vehicles are given how expensive they are. Seems like they would know how to put a jeep together at this point given they've been around forever.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I never use the sunrider so don't really care.

FYI the fix they are doing may not work.

I had my passenger side replaced under warranty as it broke. Top still doesn't automatically catch on the passenger side unless I force it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine does the same thing. I never use the sunrider so don't really care.

FYI the fix they are doing may not work.

I had my passenger side replaced under warranty as it broke. Top still doesn't automatically catch on the passenger side unless I force it.
Well that's not very reassuring. I hope it fixes the issue. I would have manually shove the top down while pulling the latch for it to work the way it's set up now.

The door itself is really hard to shut, I have to put at least 2-3x the pressure on it to shut vs the driver's side door. This wouldn't be a huge deal if it were on the driver's door, but my passenger's keep not shutting the door all of the way so it's a nuisance.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Well that's not very reassuring. I hope it fixes the issue. I would have manually shove the top down while pulling the latch for it to work the way it's set up now. The door itself is really hard to shut, I have to put at least 2-3x the pressure on it to shut vs the driver's side door. This wouldn't be a huge deal if it were on the driver's door, but my passenger's keep not shutting the door all of the way so it's a nuisance.
Maybe I missed something. Not sure what this has to do with the passenger door.

My guess is the reason the passenger door takes more effort to close is that it's not used as much as the driver door, so the seals are still "newish".

My driver door used to take more effort to close but now it hardly takes any.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I think they are spring loaded? maybe just needs some Wd-40?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe I missed something. Not sure what this has to do with the passenger door.

My guess is the reason the passenger door takes more effort to close is that it's not used as much as the driver door, so the seals are still "newish".

My driver door used to take more effort to close but now it hardly takes any.
The passenger door actually causes the soft top plastic frame to move up when the door is shut. The service guy said something about the "strike" something not being aligned properly. I can't remember the exact term he used.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
The passenger door actually causes the soft top plastic frame to move up when the door is shut. The service guy said something about the "strike" something not being aligned properly. I can't remember the exact term he used.
Ah, gotcha.

:thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts