Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone want to go wheelin sunday? I'm open to whatever. just picked up the book California back roads and 4 wheel drive trails lets go explore.

Yomondo? Rick? Rebuilt? ...

·
Registered
488 Posts
I am tempted haha nor cal or so cal?

·
I do my own stunts.
3,012 Posts
anyone want to go wheelin sunday? I'm open to whatever. just picked up the book California back roads and 4 wheel drive trails lets go explore.

Yomondo? Rick? Rebuilt? ...
I wish I could, considering I'll be putting my new tires on the Jeep this Saturday and would love to test them out, but I can't. I've got things to do on Sunday, plus I'm on-call so shouldn't really be too far from my computer.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I have some things that have been on my to do list but depending on where you are going I would consider a get away. Let me know your thoughts and I will see if it is possible.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been wanting to go back to last chance canyon, or i could pick something out of that book. i don't know many places, only the 3 i have been.

Rebuilt any Ideas?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Last chance is too far away for a couple hour get away. There are some other trails up around Silverwood that I would consider. Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats cool. Like i said I really don't know any trails so im cool with whatever. that book i have i think has some trails up there. will they be muddy / snow up there now?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Thats cool. Like i said I really don't know any trails so im cool with whatever. that book i have i think has some trails up there. will they be muddy / snow up there now?
I think the snow will be pretty much gone by then if this weather continues. I hope mud is at a minimum, I don't like mud. We will see how the weather continues.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm only familiar with Cleghorn rd.
Yea as long as its near by I up for the run Silverwood sounds good to me, if theres mud bring it on!!!
Just to let you know since LA is a pretty big city/ county there really isn't anywhere close to us except for Angeles national forest and San Bernardino National Forest. So I say yea Silverwood or somewhere in that area since its a decent drive and pretty close.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
in the book i have have you guys heard of Cucamonga Big Tree Trail, moderate. its off the 210 and dumps you out on the 15. it also says the gates are open from labor day to march 1st or first big snowfall.

Also by silver lake is pilot rock road, moderate.

or we could de cleghorn?

·
Registered
374 Posts
those first two sound pretty good, never did them so would be fun to try them out

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Next time you guys make it out to last chance canyon, shoot for the last half of a month so you can roll through nightmare gulch also. Its a fairly technical section that is only open during certain months, during the second half of those months. Its very scenic and a fun ride.

Unfortunately, if you dont make it out by the end of this month...it will have to wait til the summer before its open. They are only open to vehicles from july to january for the second half of each month.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
in the book i have have you guys heard of Cucamonga Big Tree Trail, moderate. its off the 210 and dumps you out on the 15. it also says the gates are open from labor day to march 1st or first big snowfall.

Also by silver lake is pilot rock road, moderate.

or we could de cleghorn?
The Big Tree Trail has been closed for a few years the last time I checked. It is in the book but the book is old.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts