Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on running Red Elephant Hill up to Bill Moore Lake this Sunday the 8th and doing some shooting along the way. Probably meet right there underneath I-70 around 10. Anyone want to tag along or know the conditions up there?

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
It'll more than likely be snowed in. You will be lucky to get in more than 100 yards.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If it's any warmer than it is now I may be in. There is 3" on the ground in the Idaho Springs area right now, more as you go higher. Whats the worst that could happen? End up at Tommy Knockers? I've got a winch and horsepower.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it's any warmer than it is now I may be in. There is 3" on the ground in the Idaho Springs area right now, more as you go higher. Whats the worst that could happen? End up at Tommy Knockers? I've got a winch and horsepower.
Yea I hear you. There was more then that when I was at Missouri gulch last Sunday and no problems. I actually pulled a big ole K5 blazer out. I've got a winch and will be chained up. Like you said what's the worst that could happen... We don't wheel and end up at tommy knockers?

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I've tried to run this in the winter before but have always just gotten in a little ways. It gains elevation pretty fast. I don't drink so it would probably just be a waste of gas money for me. If I remember right, there was a guy last year that tried to run it and ended up with his rig at the bottom till the spring thaw So be careful not to get yourself in a pinch on the off camber portion. I'll stay home for this one. Have fun and post some pics.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree that the trail will most likely become impassable fast, and no desire to do anything too stupid. But a little fun in the snow sometimes doesn't involve too much distance.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks like I was volunteered to attend a birthday party at noon on sunday. Hope we can get out some other time. Have fun at China Wall.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Volentold is more like it. I was Volentold to help paint a friends house on saturday. It's all good, when I am out of town 12 days out of 14 sometimes I don't get to decide what I do when I am home. Things will slow down soon and then there will be more time for more wheeleing.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Volentold is more like it. I was Volentold to help paint a friends house on saturday. It's all good, when I am out of town 12 days out of 14 sometimes I don't get to decide what I do when I am home. Things will slow down soon and then there will be more time for more wheeleing.
Hope too see you out sometime.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts