Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace the sub in my 2013 JKU. I'm coming from an F-150 with 2 Audiobahn AW1051Ts downfiring with a 500W Pioneer. I know I'm not going to get the same response from a single 8 but was wondering with the sub subs mentioned if there will be at least some good feedback.

Also, I searched and found a couple of people running Type Rs and was wondering if you can feel the bass in your chest and if plays Skrillex, Ludacris (hard hitting lows) well in addition to drums from music like Pantera, old school Metallica, etc.

Will be powered by either a PBR300x1 or PBR500x1 for stealth purposes.

·
Registered
681 Posts
An 8" subs performance in the low end of the frequency spectrum is very dependent on the enclosure it is in. You will hear people say their 8" sub sucked, and some who say no one could believe it was just one 8" sub.

I had an Alpine type R 12" in a ported box powered by a Rockford Fosgate p1000.1 for a year or so in my old car. It sounded great, good sound quality and control at low frequencies and high levels. I listen to dub, rock, rap, whatever, and I was always happy with it. Obviously, the 8" version will be acoustically different than my 12" was, but the construction should be similar.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. I'm planning on matting the box and going with polyfill as well. With the specs on the Alpine sight and what I've read on here, the standard enclosure should be perfectly within specs with a ring adapter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts