Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 soft top, and when I just have the sunroof part open, windows out, and back one rolled up, the rear flaps between back window and side window come undone. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
205 Posts
That's a new one for me, the sail panels on mine stay nice and tight even if I take all the windows out and pull back the sunrider top. Are you sure the mid latches over the door frames are latched properly? If not then there will be too much slack in the top with the windows off and the sail panels will come undone as you describe.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Nope. Drove mine to work this afternoon at 70-75mph with the sunrider open, and only the rear window unzipped.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Are talking about the frontward portion of the rear soft top window, where it meets the door?

I expect I know what's wrong. Pics would be helpful here.

·
Registered
109 Posts
HellishKitty11 said:
I have a 2011 soft top, and when I just have the sunroof part open, windows out, and back one rolled up, the rear flaps between back window and side window come undone. Has anyone else experienced this?
This happens on my 2010 JKU every time. I roll the flaps around the metal support frame bar and bungee them down when I remove the windows now. Flapping in the wind solved.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Assuming you are referring to the sail, or the part that attaches to the corner between the side and rear windows (like mikelwp shows), mine flapped pretty bad as well, but they stay attached. I started to just leave the side windows in and drop the rear into the cargo area if I plan on just popping the sunrider back. If I go through the trouble of removing all of the windows I may as well just drop the top.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, but it's hard for me to put the top back up by myself. I tried once. Got a little frustrated and left it to sort its own issue out. Haha.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Yeah, but it's hard for me to put the top back up by myself. I tried once. Got a little frustrated and left it to sort its own issue out. Haha.
It is, and I hear ya! Genetics were a bitch to me and I got the short end of the stick, literally, I HATE being short- so what I have to do is open the gate, stand as close as I can, and kinda throw the top forward so that front part kinda flaps into place on its own.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It is, and I hear ya! Genetics were a bitch to me and I got the short end of the stick, literally, I HATE being short- so what I have to do is open the gate, stand as close as I can, and kinda throw the top forward so that front part kinda flaps into place on its own.
My wife 5'2". We keep a little plastic stool in the car (potty stool :D) for her.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have done that too, but I actually climb up and stand on the bumper/tub and bring it up and then push it forward, trying not to let it slam forward.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've had my JK now for a couple of years, and can now put the top back up on my own with only a few minor cuts. Also, come to find out the reason my top and panels were floppy, when I bought my Jeep, the middle bow that goes through the sleeve in the middle of the top (above my sound bar) was never attached.. Once I fixed this, never had the problem again!! wth... live and learn :) thank goodness for wrangler forum!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Was happening to me, too - I made little plastic shims that I fold over the sail... thingies before I tuck them into the tub slots, and it tightens the whole thing up. Problem solved.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts