Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the bigger sunshade that covers front and back seat of JKU flap? Guess what im asking is it better to get smaller pieces or is the larger piece better?

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I've had the spiderwebshade on my JKU for over 2 years and even going 80 MPH on the freeway it doesn't flap that much at all.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
One nice thing about the long Spiderwebshade is it has 2 grommet holes that can be utilized for flap fighting efforts if needed. The first summer I had my shade, I ran a couple of long bungee ball cords through those grommets and then through the holes in the roll bar. The second time I installed the shade, I didn't have any flapping, so maybe it's just a matter of how snugly it gets installed. Some folks have mentioned stuffing something in between the roll bar and shade like a folded towel.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx guys , any other input is appreciated gettin one before summer got toasted last year first sunmer with jeep got to 107 lol

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
More positives for the long Spiderwebshade:
1. If you have kids in the back like I do, fewer worries about sun sneaking in around the edges.
2. It's amazing at keeping the temperature relatively comfortable. We have pretty warm summers here in SC. When running topless but with doors, I leave the Jeep in the parking lot all day with the windows rolled up and it'll be noticeably cooler inside the Jeep than outside.

Regardless of what shade you decide to go with, keep an eye out on the classified forums here, as a gently used one will save you a lot of $$.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
One last thing. Some folks complain about losing some of the open air feel of going topless when using a shade. Sometimes I leave the kiddos covered in the back, but disconnect the front and use a couple of the same bungee ball cords to achieve a sort of 'sunrider mode' with the shade.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm looking to get one before Spring arrives. I'm trying to decide on the Spiderweb Shade, Alien, or Rugged Ridge Eclipse. I have a JKU and 2 kiddos in back, 2 yrs and 7 months...want to be sure I have good protection for them.

The RR one seems to have a larger mesh, letting in more sun, but its hard to tell from Pictures. Thoughts?

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have a two-piece, one for the front and one for the back Dirty Dog sunshade, no flapping at all. I like that one better than any of the ones listed in this thread. I have a two door JK.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Do you guys get the shade or a 100% sun blocked screen? Any thoughts on the RuggedTuff? They're offering it with a 25% discount. I'm thinking about it, if it's only $75.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I have the Bartact shade and absolutely love it. Southern Arizona sun is brutal and it keeps me from getting burnt. Zero flapping at 85MPH. The shade sits on top of the roll bars so tall people can ride without having the shade in their head. Extremely well made too. Easy install. The only thing I messed up on the first removal was not folding the Velcro tie-downs back into themselves. When I went to unfold it for nekkid time it was all wadded up in a Velcro mess. I can't say enough about how happy I am with it. :D

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
This reminds me I have a spyder shade I never installed

1 - 20 of 42 Posts