Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sunvisors on both drivers side and passenger side keep falling out of what looks like a press fit into the window frame. I can push it back in but something is obviously wrong. A quick search didn't uncover any threads on this. Am I the only one with this issue? Thanks for your help.

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,494 Posts
The sunvisors on both drivers side and passenger side keep falling out of what looks like a press fit into the window frame. I can push it back in but something is obviously wrong. A quick search didn't uncover any threads on this. Am I the only one with this issue? Thanks for your help.
Hi @Don_Singer,
We are sorry to hear that you are having this trouble with your sun visors! If you find that you cannot remedy this on your own, please feel free to reach out to our team via private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares

·
Registered
203 Posts
I’ve been in the forums for three years now, and this is the first time I’ve heard of that problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
The XJ that I owned had a more irritating problem of something popping down. There was a holder in the roof center console area that was used for holding your sunglasses (and another one for holding a garage door opener). The one for holding the sunglasses would come down and when you hopped in the vehicle and scooted over, it was in just the right place to hit your head. The plastic had been molded with very "crisp" edges, so it would actually shave skin of your head -- which it did to me more than once. I took it to the dealership and their solution was to add a piece of the fuzzy side of velcro in the area where the tray rotate up into, thus giving it a bit more resistance from moving around when the vehicle hit a bump or whatever. I also too some fine sandpaper on a sanding block and beveled the edges of the tray so that it wouldn't shave skin if it did come down again.

Sometimes you need duct tape, sometimes velcro will do... :)

The grab bar on my RAM 1500 would break where the bolt went through the plastic. Poor quality plastic and poor design as far as I could tell. They had a new part number for the replacement grab bar and I let them replace it once, but it still didn't last hardly any time. And this wasn't from *me* using it, it was from my considerably lighter (and shorter) wife using it. Eventually, I used my lathe to create a metal insert for the plastic piece that would allow the bolt to go through it and it was a lot stronger -- it would even support *my* weight at that point. I suspect that Dodge saved a few cents per vehicle with that crappy design...

So, a fix for the sun visor could be as simple as using a heat gun to heat up the clip and squeezing it a bit closer together (assuming it is plastic) or maybe just making the rod that clips into it slightly larger in diameter (maybe a piece of electrical tape or a couple of dips into the plastic-dip stuff). I'm assuming you are talking about the portion of the sun visor that you would normally clip the visor in and out of when you need to get it to move, not the rotating end. I'm basing this description on cars that I've owned many years ago and not on my current Jeep because I don't think I've ever used the sun visor on my current Jeep other than to just tilt it straight down a couple of times. I sit up high enough in the vehicle that I'm not usually bothered by sun in my eyes, so I seldom need it. In a pinch, I'll use a ball cap -- that's what the bill on them is *for*... :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I found a thread on a Gladiator forum with a link to the issues and a fix.

<snip>

I don't know why this link doesn't work, but there it is.
Maybe this link instead?
www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sun-visor-fix.44865

I'm not sure why the system is parsing that wrong and changing the URL. For some reason, it is changing the URL from what you enter. Maybe they don't want us to go to that site? By changing the colors of parts of words in the URL, I seem to have tricked it into not changing anything. Unfortunately, that means that someone can't just click on the link, but will need to copy and paste the URL into a new tab/window.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts