Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the new super chip on the 3.6 ? Do you notice a big difference?
I have a 2013 jku and was thinking about getting super chip because it's not supposed to leave a trail when unplugged so it doesn't screw with my warranty.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've had mine for about 2 weeks now and ..... OMG, heck yeah I feel a difference! The Jeep feels so much lighter on its feet than before. I'm still playing around with the different power settings, but I can feel a difference in each setting. I'm leaving the throttle response as "stock", because it's just too sensitive any other way for me.

Oh, I'm running a 2013 2-door Rubi, 6-speed, 4:10's, 2.5" lift, and 35's (which really only measure about 33 inches).

Would I buy it again? YES.
I would even consider the DiabloSport, but chose the Superchips because of the price and it seemed more people on these forums ran them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had mine for about 2 weeks now and ..... OMG, heck yeah I feel a difference! The Jeep feels so much lighter on its feet than before. I'm still playing around with the different power settings, but I can feel a difference in each setting. I'm leaving the throttle response as "stock", because it's just too sensitive any other way for me. Oh, I'm running a 2013 2-door Rubi, 6-speed, 4:10's, 2.5" lift, and 35's (which really only measure about 33 inches). Would I buy it again? YES. I would even consider the DiabloSport, but chose the Superchips because of the price and it seemed more people on these forums ran them.
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have a 13 jku with the flashpaq running 87 tune and superchips throttle and it makes a difference. The throttle lag is gone. I had a Diablo trinity and used the 93 tune with 93 and there was definitely a difference. I would buy it again its only $150 more than the flash Cal deff worth the money.

Btw I only paid $279.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Considering one of these myself, I like that it doesn't leave a trace on the ecu. I have a 2012 6sp w/35's, 4.10 gears so I would just like a little snap back in the acceleration.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Excellent little device. My 2012 is the second jk I'm running it on and the performance is noticeable. I'm just running the 87 tune. I was one of the beta testers so only paid about half the retail price to

·
Registered
248 Posts
It will work. I bought it for driveabillity. I drive 50 miles a day and 30 of it is interstate. 75 and rolling hills. my 315s and 3.21 thetransmission was always downshifting on the hills. With the 87 tune it will now hold the gear and (depending on the hill) even accelerate. It the 2 months ive had i prolly went wot 4 times. really didnt notice a differance but 3.21 and 315 duratracs arnt really drag ready.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Are these "computer chip/controlers" worth the $? I just paid $94 (1-hr labor) to dealer just to change setting for tire resizing. Where is the best place (cost) to buy a Flashpaq?
I have 2013 sport, manual, 2-dr, soft-top, Rubi shocks, 4.5 back space Ultra wheels & 32" Firestone Destination tires (no lift).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Have Superchips Flaspaq tuners for both 2013 JKUR and JK. Had to buy separate tuner for each Jeep. Performance is better using 93 Octane performance setting. Haven't used a fuel saving setting. Adjusted for 35" tires on both and realized we were driving about 5-7 miles per hour faster than than the speedo. happy

·
Registered
296 Posts
what is the difference between the 3872 and the older 3870? I have asked elsewhere and it seems like nobody knows WHAT the difference is.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My understanding is the 13+ needs the 3872. That's the model I have, although it could be a ploy.
Interesting, I think the 3872 may have been in 'beta' when I got the 3870s. May be more Jeep specific tunes in the 3872. I did buy both 3870s direct from SC and they work great, so far (knock on wood).

·
Registered
30 Posts
what is the difference between the 3872 and the older 3870? I have asked elsewhere and it seems like nobody knows WHAT the difference is.
I was told directly by superchips that the only difference besides the physical appearance has to do with CARB compliance for California emissions. Both the units operate the same way.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts