Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up today, for my 2d JK 2012 . anyone have any thoughts that have one of these? should i check for firm ware upgrades first before i plug/install it on my rig. also any other mounting options other than using the window attachment that comes with it?

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,020 Posts
Picking up today, for my 2d JK 2012 . anyone have any thoughts that have one of these? should i check for firm ware upgrades first before i plug/install it on my rig. also any other mounting options other than using the window attachment that comes with it?
Yes do the firmware upgrade first before pairing it to your jeep. I recall they made a dash pod for it that mounts to the top of the dash console above the radio. I've had mine almost a year now. One of my best mods I've purchased. No regrets. Lots of info on it. The 2012 model doesn't have all the evic temps like the 2014 and up have.

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,020 Posts
I wonder why they don't mention compatibility with the 2015 or 16.
There is and there isn't. There isn't because the stock ecm is locked and won't accept any commands from the superchips product. It will work if you send in the ecm from 2015 and up and have superchips unblock it. Then it will function with the products. Makes somebody think about it if they choose that route. Another reason why I'm glad I have and won't trade in my 2013

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
There is and there isn't. There isn't because the stock ecm is locked and won't accept any commands from the superchips product. It will work if you send in the ecm from 2015 and up and have superchips unblock it. Then it will function with the products. Makes somebody think about it if they choose that route. Another reason why I'm glad I have and won't trade in my 2013
Cool, thanks for the explanation. It looks like a great product, I love a good gadget.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just got mine a week or so ago. I will post some pictures soon cuz not many people have talked about it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Not sure how often they put out updates.. I bought my TD2 in December and did the initial update before marrying to my jk. I've plugged the TD2 today in computer and there was no update.. It asked me to revert jeep to stock though. Still no update. So I dunno about updates. Haven't had one yet..

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,020 Posts
Not sure how often they put out updates.. I bought my TD2 in December and did the initial update before marrying to my jk. I've plugged the TD2 today in computer and there was no update.. It asked me to revert jeep to stock though. Still no update. So I dunno about updates. Haven't had one yet..
I think you only have to do it once before the initial install and only if you have problems with the operation of it thereafter.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Got it. I assumed they add or improve features periodically.
I'm pretty sure they do. I updated mine when I first got it and like twice since then. What I don't like is not ever knowing what the update is. When I update the apps on my phone, they tell ya what the update is for - most companies do. Not sure why Superchips doesn't. Regardless, I really love mine. I wish I woulda bought it before the AEV Procal and before the SC Flashpaq! LOL

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So one I set it. The only reason to keep the TD2 plugged in is for the read outs. I can keep it locked in my glove box driving around and pull it out on the trail to track gauges ? Also how can u perm set the idle rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,020 Posts
So one I set it. The only reason to keep the TD2 plugged in is for the read outs. I can keep it locked in my glove box driving around and pull it out on the trail to track gauges ? Also how can u perm set the idle rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. You can set your parameters and lock it in the glovebox or center console and use it when you want to. On the rpm. Two options are available. You can change the Rev limiter and change the rpm for winching

1 - 20 of 37 Posts