Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2015 JKU and am looking to find out the best lift kits and new tires. I'm in the Phoenix area and would also be up for recommendations for mechanics if anyone else is around the area (I know how to do a few things but not a ton).

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
Hi! I am in Phoenix area as well. What kind of trails do you plan to run? What size tires? What is your budget?

Join Arizona Virtual Jeep Club (Google will find it) - largest club in the valley. Will give you tons of info, shop discounts, folks to wheel with, and folks willing to help you wrench for the price of beer, pizza and friendship.

Four Wheelers Supply (not Four Wheel Parts!), Letzroll, and RPMFab are a few recommendations.

·
Super Moderator
16,386 Posts
I'm all in with the guys at RPMFab. Great Jeep builder...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for the information. I don't know a ton about the trails around the valley but love Sedona so trails up there would be ideal, especially stuff like Soldiers Pass. I'm not sure about budget as I don't really know what things run for at this point. That'll be a work in progress.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am probably the most ignorant user on the board, so I just went to a shop, gave them my budget and told them what I wanted to do. I do very light off roading, hope to hit some trails but don't plan to have a multi hundred dollar bill waiting for me when I get home. Plus if I break anything while out, I'd be stuck ha-ha. There is a thread about an upcoming run on the 28th, might be an opportunity for you to get out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Make sure to add Jason at Absolute Offroad to the list! Jason (the owner/mechanic) works on many beautiful jeeps daily, and he almost exclusively installs the lifts for the Barlow's Jeep Rental fleet in Sedona, which is quite the resume item if you think about it. Don at RPMFab makes some very nice bumpers and rock rails, but I do not know anyone personally that has had him install anything for him, so I can't speak to the quality of his lift kit installations. As mommymallcraler mentioned, 4 Wheeler Supply is another great shop. I know of 2 different horror stories that have come out of LetzRoll, and mommymallcrawler knows of them too, so I cannot personally recommend them to you, but many others that have had pleasant exchanges with them will recommend them.
As for lift kits, look towards EVO, Rock Krawler, Metal Cloak, Teraflex, Currie, Clayton etc. but try and stay away from skyjacker, rough country, pro comp and a few of the other budget lift companies. Most people find that with lift kits, the price is usually reflective of the quality, and since its going on such an expensive vehicle, there is no good reason to buy the cheapest you can find, save up and buy the best you can afford. It will pay off in the end, and you will probably be happier that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts