Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I noticed that Interco makes a LTB 34x10.50r17 tire that weighs 58 lbs. It measures 33.8inches which is the same height as the "35s" I'm running now.

LTB-09 34x10.5/17LT 34 10.5 58 9 22/32 8 4 BSW 8 8 33.80 10.3 598 60 3085 Yes

My Jeep is a daily driver. I commute 14 miles per day- no highway. so I have some reservations about running this tire on all 4 but I was wondering if anybody has and how it went.

My biggest interest may be running this as a spare. At only a couple pounds more than the stock tire I feel it could be run on the stock hinges and carrier.

They also make this tire in a true 35-12.50r17. Which I would also consider as a daily driver if it is streetable.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hello,

I noticed that Interco makes a LTB 34x10.50r17 tire that weighs 58 lbs. It measures 33.8inches which is the same height as the "35s" I'm running now.
33.8 is probably 32.5 when mounted. Or is Interco known to run true to size? 598 revs/mile spec is 33.72.

Seems like the industry has moved to the 1.5" 2x4 model.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
33.8 is probably 32.5 when mounted. Or is Interco known to run true to size? 598 revs/mile spec is 33.72.

Seems like the industry has moved to the 1.5" 2x4 model.
interco runs truer to size than most, maybe only pitbulls are truer.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
You know the LTB is a bias ply tire, not a radial, right? Terrific for hard wheelin', but brick hard on the street unless you are willing to run really low pressures. I air my 39.5x16.5 Rockers *up* to 10-12psi to drive back to the tow rig after wheeling

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just checked it out they make a TSL in 35x10r17. It is the same weight as the 37Inch Milestar patagonia 37x12.50r17 that measures 35 and weigh 72lb which is what i was also thinking of going with. I know it will have better street manners. I like the look and offroad ability of the swampers better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to add, they also make a 35x10.0x17. I plan to buy a set as my next tire. Narrower is going to be lighter, all other things being equal.
Narrower is also better in Mud as there are more lb per square inch, The only time a wider tire will be better in mud is if you have enough wheel spin to get on top of it and that is unlikely with our stock motor. This is coming from mud bog experience. IN the stock classes the narrower tires always seem to win but once you through horsepower into the equation the wide tires will get on top and clear better.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I ran the TSL (33x10.5-15) on my XJ for over a year as a daily driver.
Extremely loud, rough ride, terrible in the rain, scary in snow (street snow driving) decent sand/gravel/rocks, incredible in mud... when I moved to KM2's my entire life got way better... they were literally better at everything with the exception of mud (mud is a rarity here).
They were so loud, I'd wear my range ear muffs on longer highway trips.
They would also flat spot if left sitting a couple days, but, would stop thumping/bumping within about a mile.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I used to run 34" LTB's on my ZJ. They are about as awful as you can imagine on the street. Impossible to balance, flat spotted, loudest tire I have ever had - even worse than Irok's, forget about traction in any real weather, etc.

However, they were awesome in the rocks!

If you want swampers you can live with every day but still wheel hard, look at their TrXuS line. It's my favorite tire ever after doing this over 20 years. It's tough, pretty quiet, and even siped for the weather!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I ran the TSL (33x10.5-15) on my XJ for over a year as a daily driver.
Extremely loud, rough ride, terrible in the rain, scary in snow (street snow driving) decent sand/gravel/rocks, incredible in mud... when I moved to KM2's my entire life got way better... they were literally better at everything with the exception of mud (mud is a rarity here).
They were so loud, I'd wear my range ear muffs on longer highway trips.
They would also flat spot if left sitting a couple days, but, would stop thumping/bumping within about a mile.
I used to run 34" LTB's on my ZJ. They are about as awful as you can imagine on the street. Impossible to balance, flat spotted, loudest tire I have ever had - even worse than Irok's, forget about traction in any real weather, etc.

However, they were awesome in the rocks!

If you want swampers you can live with every day but still wheel hard, look at their TrXuS line. It's my favorite tire ever after doing this over 20 years. It's tough, pretty quiet, and even siped for the weather!

Listen to these guys. The reality of those tires is that they should probably stay on trailer queens.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Listen to these guys. The reality of those tires is that they should probably stay on trailer queens.
I am thinking of using it as a spare. Most of my offloading is in mud and if I blow a tire back on the trail i figure this would be a good way to get back to pavement. It is also light enough to put on my stock carrier.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I am thinking of using it as a spare. Most of my offloading is in mud and if I blow a tire back on the trail i figure this would be a good way to get back to pavement. It is also light enough to put on my stock carrier.
just use a stock tire as a spare to get back to the pavement if that is all you are going to use it for.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just use a stock tire as a spare to get back to the pavement if that is all you are going to use it for.
My stock is only 31" tall and this would be much closer to the 35" ill be running if i go to 37x12.50r17 patagonia milestar and rubber only lasts about 6 years due to weathering so Im feeling when I make the next tire change it might be time. Why not just get 5 patagonias? Because that tire is too heavy for the stock hinges and carrier and this 34LTB is just a couple pounds heavier than stock

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
My stock is only 31" tall and this would be much closer to the 35" ill be running if i go to 37x12.50r17 patagonia milestar and rubber only lasts about 6 years due to weathering so Im feeling when I make the next tire change it might be time. Why not just get 5 patagonias? Because that tire is too heavy for the stock hinges and carrier and this 34LTB is just a couple pounds heavier than stock
go with a 255/80-17 for a spare 50lbs and 33's tall.

Reactions: RebelJK12

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have had these on for some time...no issues with my hinge. They definitely are not 50 pounds. Sometimes we all over think things, I'm sure I do!!! Some times we under look or inspect things as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I wouldn’t even want the weight of a stock tire on my tailgate hinges for long-term use. A tire-swing or other carrier is something I recommend as a first mod for all jeeps. Bought my girlfriend one for her jeep immediately after she got it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts