Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very curious how to supercharge my jeep. I'm guessing it is to get more torque. I just don't understand how I do this or what I need to do this. Can I still use my 3.6 liter because I know a lot of guys are putting diesels in there wranglers. Please help me? I am very curious to learn!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Ripp, magnuson, prodigy, sprintex. A simple google search of supercharged jk will net much info. I want info on the "many" swapping diesels into the jk? Where you finding that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ripp, magnuson, prodigy, sprintex. A simple google search of supercharged jk will net much info. I want info on the "many" swapping diesels into the jk? Where you finding that.
And it is all bolt on from 3500-5000 $ complete.
I just have heard about a lot of guys dropping diesels into there wranglers, so I can supercharge my 3.6?

·
Registered
28 Posts
some of them are direct bolt on, nothing else needed, some are a little more complicated and other mods should be done, depends on power levels you are looking for

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
some of them are direct bolt on, nothing else needed, some are a little more complicated and other mods should be done, depends on power levels you are looking for
Can you give me some ideas of different mod combo for different super chargers? Or some kind of website that will explain in a lot of detail?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Do we have to spoon feed you everything? Txrdstr already gave you a list of manufacturers to research.

RIPP (Vortech centrifugal supercharger): 2012-14 Jeep Wrangler Supercharger Kit — RIPP Superchargers - Superchargers for Jeep, Dodge, RAM and Chrysler

Procharger (centrifugal supercharger): https://www.procharger.com/truck-superchargers/dodge/jeep/2014-12-jeep-wrangler-jk-36

Magnuson (Eaton TVS supercharger): Magnuson Jeep Wrangler JK 2012-2014 3.6L Intercooled Supercharger

Edelbrock (Eaton TVS supercharger): E-Force Supercharger Systems - Jeep Wrangler JK - Edelbrock, LLC.

Sprintex (twin screw supercharger): JEEP WRANGLER JK 3.6L

Prodigy (turbocharger): https://www.prodigyperformance.com/product-category/turbo-kits/2012-2015/

Research each one, each type of supercharger/turbo, where they make their gains throughout the RPM range, compare how much torque/power gains, cost, installation complexity, etc. Compare to your own preferences, desires, budget. Choose one.

Google is your friend.

We'll be able to help you more after you do some basic research and have more specific questions.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Not sure where you're finding those prices. The options for the 3.6 Wrangler are more in the $5000-$7000 range.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I did some basic HP gain and cost-per-hp comparison between some of the options here: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/6-4l-v8-hemi-converstion-1659961-2.html#post24835449

Be careful when comparing torque/power claims between manufacturers. Different types of dynos are used that produce different results. It's more important to look at the % gain over a baseline stock result from the same dyno, then compare % gains between different options.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I've been looking into it, I was told around 6k installed. I guess they're still working out the ca carb though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Before you jump into a SC, get your tire size and gear ratio right. Then, if you still want more oomph, look at superchargers.

From your other posts, it looks like you don't have your lift, tires,... settled yet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not sure where you're finding those prices. The options for the 3.6 Wrangler are more in the $5000-$7000 range.
Hey man I really appreciate you putting those links up, I am new to this so I would really like some specifics. Nobody has to comment on my shit though so there's really no need to be a dick.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I really appreciate the help and i am just very new to this man. No need to be a dick about it though brah.
I don't think that he was being a dick as much as making the point that you are sooo entry-level (based on your questions) that it is difficult to help you without you doing (at least) some research to gain a basic understanding. And...UselessPickles was the one who gave you the most complete answer.

That said, welcome to the group.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Before you jump into a SC, get your tire size and gear ratio right. Then, if you still want more oomph, look at superchargers.

From your other posts, it looks like you don't have your lift, tires,... settled yet.
That's what I am installing next actually, 35 inch nitto grappler MT, 3.5 metal cloak game changer fox edition lift and I am going up to 410 gearing. I'm not doing a S/C for ATLEAST a year or two.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I am new to this so I would really like some specifics.
What specifics? You need to ask specific questions to get specific answers. Start by doing some google searches on the various supercharger/turbo kits and read a lot. You'll find a lot of specifics, and also figure out specific questions you have that you couldn't find answers for. Just watch out for vague generalizations that may not be true, or may only be true for specific situations which you may or may not encounter.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey man I really appreciate you putting those links up, I am new to this so I would really like some specifics. Nobody has to comment on my shit though so there's really no need to be a dick.
Really? We are trying to help and you resort to name calling? We have tried to answer whatever questions you have had and Pickles has even posted links for you. What more did you want?

Buy a kit you like, install it... you know what you probably should just go to your local shop and have them lay it all out for you.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Really? We are trying to help and you resort to name calling? We have tried to answer whatever questions you have had and Pickles has even posted links for you. What more did you want?

Buy a kit you like, install it... you know what you probably should just go to your local shop and have them lay it all out for you.
Just another lazy ass wanting every one to feed them info that they have spent countless hours gathering. We have allready learned it why shoud he have to?

Feel the Burn

1 - 20 of 28 Posts