Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. I have a 2014 JK Rubicon. I have 4.56 gears and 35" tires. I used a superchip to program everything correctly. I have an appointment tomorrow to get the Jeep flashed for the new Mopar LED headlights. So being on the safe side I decided to return the Jeep to stock. Quick run to the store and the engine light came on. Checked the code (sorry I forgot what number it was) but said something about first gear. I assume this is because of the gears.

My question is, with the gears and tires not being stock but the jeep being programmed for stock am I risking anything by driving it to the dealer and home? I'm sure they will notice the code (even if I clear it because it will come right back on when they drive it). I just don't want to cause any damage, but also don't want to risk them reflashing the computer and rendering my superchip useless unless I spend another $100 unlocking it.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Why not have them flash the computer for the gears and tires at the same time?

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
If that's an option I will have them do it. I plan on asking when I'm here tomorrow. But I have heard that some dealers do not go above 33" and 4.10.
I'm not sure what there limits are either. I would definitely have the computer stock if they are going to be flashing it.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I haven't seen that the dealer can program for other than stock gear and tire sizes. Some dealers that build JK's, the owner usually finds a Procal in the glove box that the dealer will have used to make any adjustments from stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.