Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok used the superchips 3570 to shut off the TPMS on my 2015 jk. I used the offroad feature to do this because I had put winter wheels and tires on with no TPMS sensors. Today I put my 35"s back on with the TPMS sensors in the wheels. I use the 3570 to turn off offroad mode so that the jk will read the sensors. Now the service tpms light is on and the place where it reads the air pressure has just lines on it. Now it throws codes for no TPMS module and a TCM not found of something like that. I have set it back to stock, turned offroad back on and off multiple times. Driven it about 30 miles and the service TPMS light is still on. Does anyone have any answers for what is going on? I have had nothing but trouble with superchips. I have run other turners for multiple vehicles and have never had problems like with superchips.. Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Try pulling the negative cable off of the battery for 10 min. It will reset the cluster. Whenever I change tunes, for whatever reason, the computer thinks that I'm missing the TPMS sensors. Pulling the cable fixes everything.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pulled the negative cable off for 3 hours. Reinstalled light is still on. Drove it for 10 miles light is still on. Displays tire pressure with lines where the TP is supposed to be. Cleared codes and drove again. No joy. The light is still on. Any ideas on where I should proceed from here?

·
Registered
247 Posts
TPMS sensors need to be learned to the vehicle when you replace a broken one or buy 4 new ones. If you're only seeing dashes (--) instead of pressure readouts, it's possible your sensors are no longer registering with your vehicle and need to get relearned. Any tire shop should have the tool to do this, though why they're no longer registering is a mystery to me.

·
Registered
383 Posts
It's going to take some time to relearn the sensor. I know you drove 10 miles, but sometimes it takes awhile. Why I don't know, but there seems to be no real answer as to how long it "should" take. Stop messing with it, and drive it for awhile.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm not sure if this is relevant to your situation or not, but here goes. When I switched to new wheels and 33x12 tires, the tire shop installed the stock TPMS sensors on the new wheels and tires. I left the shop with the tire low pressure light on but was assured by the tech that in a day or two the vehicle would "re-learn" the TPMS sensors and the light would extinguish. Sure enough, the light went out in a couple of days and has not been back on since.

Perhaps you are experiencing a similar situation and need to give it a bit more time to re-acquire the TPMS sensors? I'm not sure if this is the issue or not but that was my experience.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok two days and 100+ miles later the tpms light is still on. I really do believe that superchips has a defective product and has messed up my tpms...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts