Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put a teraflex leveling kit and 285 70 17 on my 2015 2 dr JK AUTO, will this adjust my AUTO shift points with the bigger tires? if not any recommedation? not interested in sending in my ecm for the flashpak

thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
When you make the adjustment for the correct tire size that takes care of the shift points for an auto.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too went from factory 225 I believe, to 285/70R17. Drove for a while with 3:21 4 door. A year later (Christmas) measured tires at 32" Ht with gears, and yes, there was a notable difference in performance because of shift point corrections. MPG also went up with the corrections. Luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
....when I mentioned gears a 2nd time, I was referring to the orig 3:21s.....(so much for special factory order and sales honesty).

·
Registered
69 Posts
May be a lil late but I put a 3.5 in lift and 35 KO2s on my JKU and I was getting 13 mpg. After I did a 87 octane tune it went up to 16 mpg.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Since we r talking about mpg. Not long ago I also added an AEV snorkel, more for cooler air than hydro-locking. It gave me an additional, solid, 1/2 mpg n the city, FWIW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts