Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
So I am looking into getting a flashpaq but I see there are two different ones and the prices and considerably different. Does anyone know why and which is a deal?

F5 JEEP FLASHPAQ 2015 3876
JEEP / WRANGLER JK / 2015 / 3.6L 499.95

JEEP FLASHCAL F5 3571
JEEP / WRANGLER JK / 2015 / 3.6L 179.95

·
Registered
723 Posts
If you have a 2015, you need to do an ecu swap if you want to modify anything other than gears or wheel size.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is a ecu swap?

·
Registered
723 Posts
What is a ecu swap?
In the 2015 model year, the ecu(ecm) has rolling security codes which prevent the flashpaq from accessing or altering the info. Therefore you need to either purchase a new modified ecm from superchips or send yours to be programmed, otherwise, the only mods you can really make are just for tire size and gear size. Personally I am concerned about giving up my ecm and not willing to see if warranty will be affected.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will I need to swap it out if I got the flash cal?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Will I need to swap it out if I got the flash cal?
No the flashcal does not require a swap out since it's mainly for tires and gears. The flashpaq needs the swap out to get the maximum benefit. With The jeeps prior to 2015 you were able to adjust octane settings with the flashpaq which improved performance .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts