Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a jk unlimited 2015 with the 3.6

I was wondering how easy is the tuning process and if i can actually use this product on my jeep.

Also the website has a disclaimer you must do a ECM swap???
How would i do that

Thanks guys

·
Registered
647 Posts
For the ECM swap you send them your ECM and they unlock it and send it back, ab a week your Jeep will be down.
Or they send u an unlocked ECM and a return label so u send back your ECM, no down time.
Or u buy an unlocked ECM from them and hold on to your stock ECM for whatever reason u want, most expensive method.

I have a '15 too and I'm waiting for more people to do it so I can see if they're having any issues with warranty stuff. Superchips told me that them unlocking my ECM wouldn't cause warranty issues but I rather wait a little while.

·
Registered
647 Posts
okay, but where do i get acess to it, like where is it on the jeep? like how do i get to it
It's under the hood, right behind the windshield washer fluid tank. I believe Superchips has instructions with pictures on how to disconnect and remove the ECM.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Unlocking your ecm WILL be obvious to Jeep if you bring it in for warranty work
(no matter what superchips says :) )

·
Registered
216 Posts
I did it with no problem. Go to YouTube and they will so you everything step by step. It has a selection for you to go back to factory settings if need be. That is if you are just changing tire size for your shift points.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Actually ANY changes to existing parameters will show up as 'changed' even it put back to stock...
those dang 'puters are pretty smart now-a-days :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts