Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I bought my 08 Jk used and I'm trying to figure out if it has been tuned or not? I'm leaning towards yes because my rims have no pressure sensor and there is no TPMS light on the dash.i don't know if someone just used a flashcal or a flashpaq? Any way to tell? And I want to purchase a flashpaq in the very near future but I don't even know if you can flash an already flashed ecm? Is there a way to just reset the ecm and start from scratch? I know I asked a bunch of questions sorry! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Check date of manufacture in your door panel if it was prior to 10/01/07 your jeep pre-dates the TPMS mandate thus wont have it.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Hmm... my 07 was built 12/7 and doesn't have tpms...!
I stand corrected, apparently my past research was half right 09/30/2007 was when it became mandatory for 2008 model year vehicles.

Hmm you think by 12/2007 they would have been making vehicles stamped for the 2008 model year. Then again it was the first year of production and I dont feel like doing the research into it haha.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check that out! But I think I have TPMS because the light lights up on startup when the gauges and lights all do their dance

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
TPMS sensors were optional in 07 JK's. TPMS sensors were standard in 08 JK's. They probably were disabled by the previous owner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I'm assuming kik. I just don't know if they used a flashpaq or flashcal or anything else. It dont wanna purchase a flashpaq then find out it's already been tuned without the PO removing it before selling

1 - 7 of 7 Posts