Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

I have been reading and reading and reading..... (I guess too much reading got me confused and had to turn to this post)

I'm thinking about doing a superchip to my 2011 JKU.

how which one is better superchip or Diablo or ?

my JKU is stock. I'm doing this only to gain MPG. on highway I'm getting average 16 MPG with tops off.

I know Jeep eats gas like crazy, but if I can get it up to around 20 MPG, I'd be happy.

any ideas?
should I or Shouldnt I? worth it or not? if so which one?

I appreciate your input and experiences with this.
Thanks again

·
Get your Jeep dirty!!!
762 Posts
I got the tuner mainly to recalibrate my speedo and correct my gear ratio after regearing. If you are mainly after better mpg I believe you will be highly disappointed.
FWIW I was getting 14-15 mpg on 37s and 5.13 gears with the tuner prior to that I was getting the same mpg on 35s and 3.73 without the tuner. I kept the same mpg but I think its more because of regearing not the tuner..it might have helped but i really couldnt tell. Other people I know pretty much said the same thing, its a good tuner but I got it for other reasons...also my JK is an auto.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have the superchips flashpaq for my 08, I've ran the 87 tune and didn't notice any difference in fuel economy (shifting was much improved).

Since I bought it they have released a tune for fuel economy (mileage xs), I haven't tried it.

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
I gained a little mpg but its really only noticeable on the highway and when run 91 octane. However, shifting is better and the engine does run nicer. Well worth the money. You will notice the biggest difference, even with 87 octane, is when you have to program it back to stock to take it into the dealer.
To the OP, not sure if the Flashpaq is available for the 2011, you'll have to check.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts