Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lift my Jeep so it looks better with the 33's. Money is short now after the purchase of the wheels and tires. Both the Superlift Superide 2" Spacer lift and the Teraflex Leveling Kit are around the same price.

Which is a better product?

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I don't generally hear too much good about Superlift. I would definitely go with the Teraflex kit myself. (actually, I did. lol).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't generally hear too much good about Superlift. I would definitely go with the Teraflex kit myself. (actually, I did. lol).

Thanks! Is this something me and a buddy can do with no experience?

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Thanks! Is this something me and a buddy can do with no experience?
I don't see why not. Just read the directions, check out videos online, there is a nice write up on installing a 2.5" BB on project-jk.com, etc. I installed it in the driveway in 1.5 hours, taking my time. Never pulled a wheel off the Jeep either.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see why not. Just read the directions, check out videos online, there is a nice write up on installing a 2.5" BB on project-jk.com, etc. I installed it in the driveway in 1.5 hours, taking my time. Never pulled a wheel off the Jeep either.

Sweet! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
without looking at the actual kits, i'm going to assume you're looking at a budget boost kit with coil spacers. spacers are spacers, go with the best price. the only real difference between any kits for a BB is shocks, and extra hardware (that you really don't need), like brake line extensions and sway bar links. If you just want that extra inch, just get something cheap like the daystar pucks and call it a day. Extending the shocks or getting longer shocks only gives you more down travel, and if you're not off roading, doesn't matter at all.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
without looking at the actual kits, i'm going to assume you're looking at a budget boost kit with coil spacers. spacers are spacers, go with the best price. the only real difference between any kits for a BB is shocks, and extra hardware (that you really don't need), like brake line extensions and sway bar links. If you just want that extra inch, just get something cheap like the daystar pucks and call it a day. Extending the shocks or getting longer shocks only gives you more down travel, and if you're not off roading, doesn't matter at all.

Thank you. I just ordered the Teraflex Leveling Kit. I think it will give me the added height I want and it will look good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts