Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, the big Superstition Mountain run in mid-January is coming up soon. It's only $13 to register until the 18th but $50 at the event itself. :eek:

It's in the Ocotillo Wells area, not far from where the last SOCAL Meet & Greet happened.

13th Annual Superstition Mountain Run | San Diego 4 Wheelers

I'm registered which you can do on that website, hope to see you guys there. Don't forget there is a cool "MEGA" raffle there too, that's a chance to win some cool stuff like tires, winch, etc.. I better win something this year, I'm winless recently. :eek:

There will be a grill there again this year so you don't even have to bring food or cook if you don't want to. :punk:

·
I do my own stunts.
3,013 Posts
I'm registered, but not yet certain if I can make it.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, I hope you can make it. I'll be spending all my time on the backside of the mountain this year, there are some pretty darned interesting and TIGHT canyons to wheel in back there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey Jerry...we may make it too...however, we're already juggling 2 other moto/quad trips to the desert in the next 6 weeks....soooo, we'll see. BTW...we also live in the 'dido :)

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i may be interested. any of you gone before? whats it like? I think i will sign up...
Go to the link I gave above,where you can also register before the price goes up, and it will describe it for you. There is everything from sand to rocks and trails from easy for new offroaders to those that are challenging to the very experienced. It's a great event, a lot of fun. Plus it has a truly awesome raffle Saturday night where you might just win a winch, a set of tires, or lots of other offroad type stuff. :)

·
I do my own stunts.
3,013 Posts
I've never attended this event before. Do a lot of people arrive Friday afternoon/evening? It's a four and a half hour drive for me, and I'd prefer not to have to drive that early Saturday morning right before a full day of wheeling.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I've never attended this event before. Do a lot of people arrive Friday afternoon/evening? It's a four and a half hour drive for me, and I'd prefer not to have to drive that early Saturday morning right before a full day of wheeling.
if i sign up ill go friday....do you think you will make it. i got one more day for the early sign up

·
I do my own stunts.
3,013 Posts
if i sign up ill go friday....do you think you will make it. i got one more day for the early sign up
Yah, I think I'll make it. Gotta request that Friday off work though, but I'm expecting that shouldn't be a problem.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
99% arrive Friday evening since to be there early enough to check in, register, complete the safety inspection, sign up for your run(s), and be in line on time for your run would require you to arrive there probably NLT 6:30 or so... which makes for a VERY early wakeup Saturday morning. :)

·
Registered
957 Posts
Yah, I think I'll make it. Gotta request that Friday off work though, but I'm expecting that shouldn't be a problem.
cool. my boss is nice enough to let us have 1/2 day fridays, so i would make it there around 4-5 since you say its a 4 hour drive. what trail are you thinking of doing, i read through them and watched some videos on you tube and was looking at tilted table W-E. Jamies crack looks fun i want to try that, its cool your on 2 wheels and the jeep flops from right to left.

·
I do my own stunts.
3,013 Posts
99% arrive Friday evening since to be there early enough to check in, register, complete the safety inspection, sign up for your run(s), and be in line on time for your run would require you to arrive there probably NLT 6:30 or so... which makes for a VERY early wakeup Saturday morning. :)
Thanks. That's what I figured. Just wanted to make sure.

my boss is nice enough to let us have 1/2 day fridays, so i would make it there around 4-5 since you say its a 4 hour drive.
I'd prefer to get there before dark, so I'm thinking I'll plan on arriving Friday early to mid-afternoon.

what trail are you thinking of doing, i read through them and watched some videos on you tube and was looking at tilted table W-E. Jamies crack looks fun i want to try that, its cool your on 2 wheels and the jeep flops from right to left.
I really want to do Knock on Wood, but I think I'd rather not until I get my new tires, and I don't think I'll be getting them before the 15th. My next choice of trail would be Tilted Table E-W.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Knock on Wood is one of the couple 4+ trails that looks really good to me. That's likely the run I'll sign up for.

·
Registered
488 Posts
It says online registration is closed?? :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts