Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie question, I have a 2013 JKU, with a Supertop NX. My car needs a wash, but can you take through an automatic?? Touchless vs standard? We have had some rain and it did not leak, but wasn't sure if I could or not.
Thanks..

·
Registered
570 Posts
Of those two choices I would do touchless.

Disclaimer: I have only hand washed my top.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have a Trextop NX & have taken it through a touchless car wash. I did notice some water in the back & I figured it came in around the zippers, but it wasn't too much & was easy enough to dry with a microfiber towel. But other than that, it survived great....just kinda scary listening to it when it's being rinsed with the harder water pressure ;)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have a standard soft top not a trektop but I'll only use touchless car washes with it. I can imagine the huge scratches spinning brushes would leave...

When I get home from the car wash I'll hose down the top with clean water then let it sun dry since their cheap soaps could etch the windows if any is left to sit on them for a while.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I read a few posts about wax building up on the plastic windows and decided to hand wash when I have the soft top on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts