Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
The only place I know of is Oceano Dunes. I was really interested myself till I found out it was a four hour drive from where I live.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yeah, Pismo Beach / Oceano Dunes is the only place in CA that I know of that you can drive on the beach. It's on California's central coast. Shore fishing out here is usually done off of the piers or jettys. The piers can get pretty packed, even in the middle of the night. There are a lot of places to go offshore fishing out here though. 35 bucks will get you on a 4-8 hour angler cruise... if you already have the gear and license. They will sell you the one day license and rent you the gear if you need it. If you do that, don't pay them the 5 extra bucks to clean and fillet your catch. They leave 50% of the meat on the carcass and feed it to the seagulls in the water. Better to take it home or do it yourself in the cleaning areas on the shore.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The surf fishin at pismo dunes can be EPIC!!! long rod(12') 3-6 oz of weight,some squid or clam or some gulp sandworms and its game ON!!!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, Pismo Beach / Oceano Dunes is the only place in CA that I know of that you can drive on the beach. It's on California's central coast. Shore fishing out here is usually done off of the piers or jettys. The piers can get pretty packed, even in the middle of the night. There are a lot of places to go offshore fishing out here though. 35 bucks will get you on a 4-8 hour angler cruise... if you already have the gear and license. They will sell you the one day license and rent you the gear if you need it. If you do that, don't pay them the 5 extra bucks to clean and fillet your catch. They leave 50% of the meat on the carcass and feed it to the seagulls in the water. Better to take it home or do it yourself in the cleaning areas on the shore.
That sucks they did'nt do a good job filleting your fish,but ya got to keep in mind they make about 50-55 bucks a day for wage so they rely on the fish cleaning money and tips!!!!!!
Bad fillets DO NOT happen on our boat!!!! I make sure of it;)!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
We run out of channel islands harbor,but our boat(MIRAGE) olny does overnighters...
The speed twin runs out of there also and they do the half day run..
Not sure on the ticket price but probably 35-40 bucks at most!!

Also really good surf fishing all oer ventura co.

·
Registered
304 Posts
That sucks they did'nt do a good job filleting your fish,but ya got to keep in mind they make about 50-55 bucks a day for wage so they rely on the fish cleaning money and tips!!!!!!
Bad fillets DO NOT happen on our boat!!!! I make sure of it;)!!
I'll have to check out Ventura. I have only launched from San Diego. It's always a blast. Well worth the money for a half day of fun.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I built my 4-rod holder for the front of my Jeep. Pismo is like 5 hours from Huntington Beach. Might have to make a weekend trip out of it. Where in Ventura are the good surf fishing spots? I don't like the piers and I haven't done the boat since I've been out here yet.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sheet!
Baitfish, I am coming out on your boat this next week. Rock Cod opener. See ya there. Names Richard

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well,:confused: that didn't work out too well now did it?

High wind advisory shut us down. Will have to reschedule in the weeks to come. Has anybody been able to get out there and do some fishing?:banghead:

·
Registered
238 Posts
We will try it again tonight? Ling Cod Blues...

·
Registered
36 Posts
So I decided to go out on Tuesday during the day. We are launching out of Dana Point. I hope the swells stay low, because I fed the fish the whole trip last time out. LOL.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Silverstrand Beach in Ventura

There's an area right by my house, where you can drive your Jeep through the sand and onto the Jetty. Lots of surfing and fishing going on in that area.

Let me know if you want more details.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'll have to check out Ventura. I have only launched from San Diego. It's always a blast. Well worth the money for a half day of fun.
Hey Deuce. If you do come out this way, let me know. I'll meet you for a beer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts