Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased the rubicon economy 2" spacer lift along with bilstein 5100s. It comes with front and rear bump stop ext. No rear sway bar links or track bar bracket with this kit. My question are these even needed on this small of a lift? 2014 jku sahara.. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
After the lift is in- take a tape measure and hook the top of the spring bucket and measure the edge of the fenders on both sides. In the rear, measure behind the tire from the outside of the frame to the fender edge. Then decide if you can live with how far the axles are not centered. Then you can decide if you want adjustable trackbars.

you won' t need rear sway bar links- but probably front ones. Get JKS disconnects.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hello Zimm,
I have a 2009 JK X (2 door) and want to do a lift on it. Don't want a rock crawler just ant to hit the trails and some mud. Looking something in the 2.5" - 3" lift with maybe 33" tires. But want it to be on a budget. Any suggestions??

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Hello Zimm, I have a 2009 JK X (2 door) and want to do a lift on it. Don't want a rock crawler just ant to hit the trails and some mud. Looking something in the 2.5" - 3" lift with maybe 33" tires. But want it to be on a budget. Any suggestions??
Either a 2.5 BB or Rancho's 2" sport kit. Both budget based lifts that will give you a small boost.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lift

Just got my Rubicon economy spacer lift done. 2" front and 1 3/4" rear. To respond to my initial question this kit didn't include front sway bar links. Which were needed. I was lucky they had a set of RC links on hand. I also had bilstein 5100's install with boots removed. Looks real cool that way and rides out real nice.. Better than stock...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just paid off my 2009 JK X and currently at the 2.5" or 3.5" Rubicon Express lift kits. The 2.5" is under $600 and the 3.5" is under $900. Leaning toward the 2.5". If I added 33's or 35's how much higher will it change?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts