Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have a Warn M8000 winch, XHD bumper, and stock tires and suspension, however, i plan on getting 33in tires with 1.5 in wheel spacers, would I be okay with just getting a 2 inch spacer lift? or would i have problems in the future with my suspension. Please help

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
If it's properly installed, you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Thanks, now my front end is allready sagging a little, having that problem, should i get a different lift, such as a leveling lift, or is there anything i can do with the aev lift installed..

sorry noob here :nonono::facepalm:
Is it sagging after you added the AEV spacers? Oops, sorry. The tail end of your post just penetrated.

Best bet, IMO, is to look at some Rubi take-offs. 19 front, 60 rear is what you want for spring strength. It'll work, and even give you some extra lift, only as long as your Jeep's stock springs are sufficiently weak. In other words, if your stock springs suck really bad, you're in a good place. :D Bet you never thought you'd hear that, huh?

Tom (daggo66) is pretty much the pioneer of the whole Rubi spring swap...I'd PM him for particulars.

Don't be shy. He'll help you as long as you don't exhibit inherent retardation.

Sweating it? Then PM me and I'll give you the poop.

Good luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it sagging after you added the AEV spacers? Oops, sorry. The tail end of your post just penetrated.

Best bet, IMO, is to look at some Rubi take-offs. 19 front, 60 rear is what you want for spring strength. It'll work, and even give you some extra lift, only as long as your Jeep's stock springs are sufficiently weak. In other words, if your stock springs suck really bad, you're in a good place. :D Bet you never thought you'd hear that, huh?

Tom (daggo66) is pretty much the pioneer of the whole Rubi spring swap...I'd PM him for particulars.

Don't be shy. He'll help you as long as you don't exhibit inherent retardation.

Sweating it? Then PM me and I'll give you the poop.

Good luck.
im sorry for not clarifying!!! you didnt do anything wrong!!! i havent even ordered them yet! its sagging now and i was wondering if i could add on top of the aev spacers.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
im sorry for not clarifying!!! you didnt do anything wrong!!! i havent even ordered them yet! its sagging now and i was wondering if i could add on top of the aev spacers.
Ah. Thanks for the clarification. I think. If you order the AEV spacer kit, even with currently sagging springs, it's gonna raise you 2", regardless of your Jeep's current height. Might lose a touch with heavier bumpers, etc, but overall your Jeep's gonna be higher...

Does that answer your question? Still not sure I understood your post...which is a problem on my end, not yours. If you still don't have an answer to your question, keep punching...:D

wolf

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well even after raising it 2" could i level it out..

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
well even after raising it 2" could i level it out..

Let's start over, cuz I'm unclear on what you've got and what you wanna do. No problem. My bad, most likely.

What year/model Jeep do you have, what kinda lift (if any) do you currently have (spacers or otherwise), and what do you intend to do with your Jeep?

Why do you want a lift? For offroading? For looks? What size tires do you, ultimately, wanna run on your Jeep?

Don't be shy. Tell me what you want and why you want it. I'll do my best to make it happen. I don't judge. Lay it on me, man. Two hours...that's my goal...then I'll be snuggled into bed. Fat chance, since I'm an inveterate insomniac. Still...gotta set goals. :D

So, what? Bring it.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Let's start over, cuz I'm unclear on what you've got and what you wanna do. No problem. My bad, most likely.

What year/model Jeep do you have, what kinda lift (if any) do you currently have (spacers or otherwise), and what do you intend to do with your Jeep?

Why do you want a lift? For offroading? For looks? What size tires do you, ultimately, wanna run on your Jeep?

Don't be shy. Tell me what you want and why you want it. I'll do my best to make it happen. I don't judge. Lay it on me, man. Two hours...that's my goal...then I'll be snuggled into bed. Fat chance, since I'm an inveterate insomniac. Still...gotta set goals. :D

So, what? Bring it.
One hour left. Goal-wise, anyway. Watcha got?

You think I'm jerkin you around? No. Bring me your issues now, in the next hour, and I'll solve em for you. No questions asked. 58 minutes...

Up to you.

Unless you're sleeping, which I wish I was...:D

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Looks like some lesser member is gonna have to address this.

No offense lesser member peeps! :D

Prove your superiority by helping my man out.

Right now, on my headphones, Zeppelin's "Babe I'm gonna leave you". Love it. One of those songs that's hot and cold.

No way I'm gonna make my goal. No way. Mmm. C'est la vie.

Crap.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Okay. Into Metallica's "Die Die My Darlin"...not the most conducive to sleep. Think I'm screwed, goal-wise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts