1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
189 Posts
its not to hard, you yj will ride like krap when you get done though. it seriously limits flex. Have done it would not do it again.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alrighty, One more option i have in mind......new leafs, where can i find leafs for my yj that will have a 4" lift.

·
Registered
189 Posts
http://rustysoffroad.com/

I have delt with these guys before they are real good people if they dont have what you need call them and they will make it for you they have great prices also.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
May I suggest taking out the lame leaf springs, and putting in coilovers. The price has come down considerably, and you will get some Major flex.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah man, but being 17 and making $9 an hour isnt the best pay either....I'll pass on the coil over kit....

Does anyone know if quadratecs price on their leafsprings are for singles or pairs?

·
Registered
189 Posts
May I suggest taking out the lame leaf springs, and putting in coilovers. The price has come down considerably, and you will get some Major flex.

where can I find an inexpensive coil spring conversion kit I have looked and the cheapest I have found is the RK 8 inch kit for 3200.00 tell me more!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeep is staying as is, considering that I still owe my parents a grand on the jeep.... Once its payed of, It time to re-do the whole lift... most likely spring time....

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
So um, The "Old man Emu" leafs are saging,
After so many positive , no glowing posts on OME shocks, I've gotta ask how old the OME springs are? How many miles? How much torture have they endured?

·
Registered
57 Posts
rubicon express my man

they will get you set up right

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After so many positive , no glowing posts on OME shocks, I've gotta ask how old the OME springs are? How many miles? How much torture have they endured?
Their are about 6,000 miles on them, they are one year old i do believe, Lets just say the guy i bought it off wasnt to good of a driver off the road... The front tires are rubbing, you can see the jeep is angeled foward... So yeah, but I found a really good off-road shop about 25 mins away from my house... I will most likely be going to them after the holidays and gettin this taken care of...... I will also have them throw on my rock guards/side steps:D

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
OK, had to check. I have the standard duty RE 2-1/2" lift. I've got about 8,000 on it. Totally unhappy with the shocks. The doetsh junk shocks that come with the RE kit are the pits. First long distance trip not even any serious wheeling and I blew out a rear shock. The rig sways to and fro going around corners. Should have held out for at least the heavy duty kit.

I asked about shocks on the forum and the reports kept coming back recommending the OME shocks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts