Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new to the world of Jeeps. I am the proud owner of a bone stock 2012 Rubicon 2 door. I am interested in putting a lift kit and was curious if it is possible to use it with a spacer kit. Also what are thoughts/opinions on AEV kits? I was thinking of running the 3.5 inch lift with the 2 inch spacer kit. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
jodatu86 said:
Hello I am new to the world of Jeeps. I am the proud owner of a bone stock 2012 Rubicon 2 door. I am interested in putting a lift kit and was curious if it is possible to use it with a spacer kit. Also what are thoughts/opinions on AEV kits? I was thinking of running the 3.5 inch lift with the 2 inch spacer kit. Thanks for the input
If you are new to the Jeep world, then I can already tell you that you don't want or need that much lift. You planning on running 40's?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
jodatu86 said:
No not 40's, 37's at the most.
Thinking about flat fenders or no? With those could run 37's with only 2.5-3" lift no problem. But with 37's you should also be looking into other supporting mods as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmm not sure about the fenders, havent thought that far ahead. What other mods are needed to run 37's?

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can run stock fenders with a 3.5"AEV lift and run 37's. Drove one in Scottsdale and was surprised how well behaved it was.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
jodatu86 said:
Hmmmm not sure about the fenders, havent thought that far ahead. What other mods are needed to run 37's?
Well first you need an appropriate way to carry the spare tire. Then you need to think about beefing up the front axle. And with that much lift you're probably looking at driveshafts.

Is this thing going to be wheeled?

·
Registered
208 Posts
JK's dont need 5.5" of lift for anything.. 2.5"-3.5" is plenty to run 35-37's..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow thanks guys there sure is alot to learn I see. Yes I plan to wheel occasion for recreation any suggestions for a build?

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,476 Posts
You are going to get a lot of suggestions and each person will have their own perspective of how it should be done. Us, we went this route with our 2dr JK:

2.5" Rock Krawler Max Travel
4-6" Fox IFP 2.0's
ACE Flat Fenders with 35's
And a lot of other stuff! LOL...

Like I said, let us know if there is anything we can do to help. We would be more than happy to talk lifts with you...

-Jason

1 - 12 of 12 Posts