Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wavey:Now that I know that the red button is indeed a posi loc and not a primer button for the previous engine,as I was told by the PO, is there a way to tell how much of a suspension lift I really have? He said it has a 4" suspension and 2" body lift.Sorry about no pics waiting for a friend to show me how. 1989yj 2.5L TBI with 33x12.50r Pro - Comp Mud terrain tires.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Check the body lift at the mount bolts and push a tape measure in there. That will give you the body lift. You will have to take some pics and do some measuring on your rig to estimate the body lift.

·
Registered
483 Posts
measure in the center of the door stock is 18 with 28 inch tiers. Say it is 24 now u have 33 they usualy measure 32 witch is 4 over stock divide that in half witch is 2 24-2=22 22-18=4 then you have 4in of lift hope this helps

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Again guys, I measured the body blocks at 2", and floor to bottom of the body at the drivers door at 241/2" if my math is correct I should have a 4" suspension lift where the extra 1/2" is comming from,to much tire pressure? What is a good pressure for on road driving?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts