Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the obligatory search, but really didn't find anything useful...so here it goes.

Has anyone installed or have experience with the Steinjager lifts? I'm looking at going with a red accent color on the under carriage (springs, control arms, tie bars, etc.) and there are not many options out there. :pullinghair:

After reading many not so favorable reviews on Rancho and Skyjacker, I think I want to steer away from them. The problem...there are not any reviews I could find for the Steinjager lift kits. :pcwhack:

So, lets have it.

As a personal request, please keep this tracking on Steinjager.....good or bad.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
53,783 Posts
Their stuff looks rather cheap honestly, especially important components like track bars.
One thing that bothers me is the fixed arms. Who knows what lengths they are at. Every jeep is different and having all fixed lengths is not a good idea.

Rancho makes some good stuff not sure where you read otherwise?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,749 Posts
The problem with Red and Rancho together is now that they are all progressive springs, in their new kits, they are also all black... And I wouldn't do Skyjacker.

The Steinjager... I don't like poly joints, there are no bump stops included, roll center correction or brake line extensions, even in their best kit. I can deal with fixed arms if I know the lengths and they are good, they might tell you if you call. Like Ken said, the track bars look like they aren't built well. But that's just our opinion, they could test out stronger than most. The springs look just like Pro Comp springs. I do like the adjustable sway bar links all around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts