Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I spent 750.00 on a procomp 4" from www.4wheelparts.com. But I need to still buy front and rear tract bars and a drop pitman arm for the front. Oh and a new stabilizer shock.
you don't need a drop pitman arm.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
I believe you need the yoke eliminator and new drive shaft with rough country.
4" lift.. comes with tranny drop kit. SYE and CV are recommended for any 4" lift so it's really up to you if you want to spend the extra green on it.

Many people say RC is perfect for them.. Usually they just need a new track bar.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
4" lift = get a sye/cv.

if you go with the 4" (which you know you want) then do it right the first time and please do not get a cheap kit. go RE 3.5" with sye/cv or the OME plus 1" BL (dirk sells a package deal)

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I don't like the idea of body lifts, and if I"ll need sye/cv why not go strait to 4.5 and get the added clearance w/o BL? I don't know too much, just trying to figure out every possible angle.

·
Registered
261 Posts
i have rusty's 4.5" lift and the sye/cv and im runnin 35's i love it was real coastly but wasent cheap and it works great

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
well if you want to go big then just add a long arm kit while you're at it, it will be the best buck for your money... I wouldnt run a 4.5" suspension lift on my rig with stock control arms but thats just me.

·
Registered
380 Posts
the question is if the cheapest lift kit on the marker is good enough for him...

@Chad P:

i saw in your signature that you alkready have a 4" procomp lift and 33s.

did you already order the lift? cancel it. you won´t like it. it´s very stiff and gives not a better ride than the stock suspension.
I like my procomp works good off road. You are right about the ride it a little rough. But not terrible. If I wanted stock ride quality I would have left it shock:D

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
I don't like the idea of body lifts, and if I"ll need sye/cv why not go strait to 4.5 and get the added clearance w/o BL? I don't know too much, just trying to figure out every possible angle.
I have an RE 4.5" SuperFlex kit with 3.5" springs, and am going tobe installing the SYE & CV driveshaft this week sometime. I got it and shocks for like $1700 shipped to my house.

If you are going with an RE kit, don't get thier SYE, its a hack-n-tap and not that great of an idea where you have to cut your outputshaft.

Just save a little extra and do it right :D

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
What would be a good SYE then, if not RE? And should I really go long arm? I've thought a lot about it, just don't know, but you're all right, might as well do it right the first time. I'm already looking at $2300 for the 4.5 kit, SYE, and CV. PLUS tires and rims... But I love my Jeep and it's not for sale so might as well. I'll just save a little more.

I can do the short arm install myself, can I do the long arm myself?

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
That long arm kit is $1200 MORE than the short arm kit. Why would I need that? I need some good reasons to justify that much to myself. Or just some decent reasons at least...

·
Registered
261 Posts
i got a 6.5" long arm on order now a claytons i cant wait

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Well tell me this... have you reall been offroading before? In a lifted truck or anything? Or even in your stock Jeep?

If not, I'd go for a short arm, and then upgrade to a long arm down the road when your "tired of" the short arm lift.

As for SYE kits, TeraFlex, Advance Adapters and few other companies make them. Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft has a kit that includes the SYE and Driveshaft for not too much.

Check out 4x4GroupBuy.com - I got my stuff from them.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts