Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Got my new jeep last Saturday, am besotted, enthralled and in love.
My first few major changes/mods are going to be
1.Suspension
2. Tires and wheels. (Pro comp 7069 17 x 9, BFG KO2 All Terrain 35x12.5)

For the lift kit I am looking at Metalcloak. My budget is approx $1800 installed. Was talking to the shop I will be using, was told they will be removing a MC 2.5" gamechanger with Emu shocks in good shape because the customer is upgrading. He said I could have that installed for around what I had intended to spend. I know it is a great kit, but my concerns are it is used. I will appreciate the more experienced jeepers weighing in on this. Is this something you guys would do?
Thank you.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I would only put a new lift on my new Jeep.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Have you even taken your Jeep Offroad to determine that you need to do that? Are you planning on changing the gearing for the larger tires? What kind of offroading will you be doing and how often?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Find out whats included in that metal cloak lift they are taking off. If its a full gamechanger lift it might well be worth it. Also how long has it been on the customers jeep. If I liked the answer to those questions I would probably consider it.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Not sure I would install used suspension parts on a new Jeep. You really dont know what it has been put through. If it were a neighbor and you knew, that would be a different story. And I would not trust what some shop said regardless.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will not be changing the gearing for now, it is a manual transmission. The jeep is going to be my weekend driver, so this rig is mostly for offroading. I will not be doing any insane rock crawling for now though. Just dirt roads and some rocks here and there.
It is the complete gamechanger lift.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It has been on the other persons jeep for 2.5 yrs but that person only spends their winters in AZ.

·
Registered
891 Posts
what would you recommend billetjksport?
I'd honestly feel more comfortable deferring a recommendation from some of the more experienced members on board regarding suspensions. My point is that there are plenty of viable options at that price point for a completely new system. Hopefully one of the experts can chime in!

·
Registered
417 Posts
For $2,000 you may be able to pull off a Mopar 2" Lift with Fox Shocks, installed, and keep it all under your factory warranty.
It don't work like that. The lift itself is warrantied by mopar, and the rest of the jeep is under the factory warranty. Anything damaged by the lift can be denied warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts