Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running 3 inch Evo springs on 35's with bilstein shocks along with rk trac bar everything else is stock. My question is what if anything should I do to get a smoother ride while improving my off-road abilities? Normally rock crawling (nothing extreme) but occasionally get into some mud. Thoughts, opinion?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm currently running 3 inch Evo springs on 35's with bilstein shocks along with rk trac bar everything else is stock. My question is what if anything should I do to get a smoother ride while improving my off-road abilities? Normally rock crawling (nothing extreme) but occasionally get into some mud. Thoughts, opinion?
Are those EVOs stiff? Was looking at EVO Vs RK vs AEV. LIKE YOURSELF I WANT SMOOTH RIDE. I guess I'm old. Haaaa

·
Super Moderator
14,586 Posts
@wvudave Move from the Bilsteins to a set of Rancho RS9000XL and make sure your tires are around 28PSI. Did you put on bump stops and sway bar links? Is it a 3.6? You'll need exhaust spacers too. Do you have a rear track bar bracket?

·
Super Moderator
22,104 Posts
Are those EVOs stiff? Was looking at EVO Vs RK vs AEV. LIKE YOURSELF I WANT SMOOTH RIDE. I guess I'm old. Haaaa
RK triple rates combined with rancho 5000X shocks ride very smooth on and off road.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea they are pretty stiff but I've only had those and the zone springs to compare. The zone springs started to sag on me a little so I went better quality this time

·
Registered
554 Posts
Can't talk for the evos but, my RK coils with rancho 9000s rode a little stiffer than my buddy's AEV coils and bilsteins 5100s

·
Registered
554 Posts
Can't talk for the evos but, my RK coils with rancho 9000s rode a little stiffer than my buddy's AEV coils and bilsteins 5100s
also I have toyos(stiff tire) he had Bfgs which arnt quiet as stiff

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Everything else is stock. Would lower control arms and rear trac bar help with ride quality? I've had it aligned twice from two different places and they both say caster is fine.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I think it's the initial impact
The shocks your running should be good (great all around shock). As mentioned before, messing with tire pressure is an easy initial option and likely cause of initial impact harshness. Depending on the tire, we have a suggestion low end suggestion of a 25 psi front and 22 psi rear. Typically on toyo or nitto tires we will recommend those numbers.

RK

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
35" at3 by copper and my tire pressure is around 28psi. That may be cupped cause it drives all over the place.

·
Super Moderator
14,586 Posts
Everything else is stock. Would lower control arms and rear trac bar help with ride quality? I've had it aligned twice from two different places and they both say caster is fine.
Did you see the numbers? A local shop here was sending Jeeps out with 2° caster on a 3" lift and calling it good... They were NOT good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts