Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a new bumper, winch, skid plate, and bumper hoop on my new Sport Unlimited (all Rugged Ridge stuff). I looks great and I am very happy with what I have installed, but since I have added quite a bit of weight to the front end is it necessary to change my coils or shocks? I use the Jeep primarily for my daily driver and some light off road. Would appreciate your thoughts!

Thank you!

John

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
should not have to change anything, unless it sagging so much the tires are rubbing.

·
I do my own stunts.
3,012 Posts
See what it looks like after about a month of settling. If it's sagging a little but not too much, consider maybe a 1" coil spacer. If it's sagging quite a bit or if you're bottoming out on your bump stops, you'd probably be better off with some stiffer coil springs.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I had the same problem as you are having. I am installing factory stiffer coil springs. They are not that expensive. 42.31 each. Suppose to be easy to install but the dealer said they would do it for 86.00

If you think this is an option check out this thread and there is a link to order them on the second page.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/considering-a-spring-swap-55849.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts