Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site and the Jeep community. My jeeps suspension feels sloppy as does the steering. So can anyone recommend good bang for your buck shocks? Im not sure if the jeep has been lifted? It came with 32X11.5X15" tires(all in great shape). Id also like to change the sway bar bushings, end links,track bar bushings. Would it be cheaper of functionally better to go for a 2-2.5" lift kit with new springs? Please also suggest where I can purchase this stuff also. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
mabey a set of low mileage TK springs ,inexpensive and should give a small lift? anyone know which models are interchangable?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not looking to build an offroad beast ,80% road and 20% beach useage with a very small amount of towing a boat (5 miles to the ramp ,twice a year)

thanks,Jerry

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
I've heard a lot of jeepers going w/Nitro 9000 for the price. (Rough Country) I went with the standard Nitro 8000 and am pretty happy with them. Everything rides great...

Be sure your stearing drag bar ends are good without slop and your front U-Joints at the wheels. Those can cause a lot of sway when driving/turning.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
seems the more I research the lift kit options the more confused I get,I guess I'd be happy with 2.5-3" lift kit that would include shocks,coils,endlinks , spacers(transfer case)and some bushings. Id prefer not to have to put out the $$ for anything requiring drive shafts or control arm changes.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
seems the more I research the lift kit options the more confused I get,I guess I'd be happy with 2.5-3" lift kit that would include shocks,coils,endlinks , spacers(transfer case)and some bushings. Id prefer not to have to put out the $$ for anything requiring drive shafts or control arm changes.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.
If you want a nice lift. Old Man Emu or OME have wonderful lifts with great ride quality. Plenty of tj guys on here will swear by them. Look them up I think they have a nice 2.5inch lift for you. And with that small amount of lift you shouldnt get any driveline vibes. So no driveshaft work a t-case drop may be inorder though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts