Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an '07 jk, with a 2.5" lift, 37" tires. I went offroading a few days ago, and when I got back I noticed the right rear suspension was just barely rubbing against the corner of the tire. My left side has about an inch of clearance. I don't have spacers- never needed them. Obviously something has changed, but I don't know what.

Looking for some suggestions on what to check. Nothing sticks out at me when I look underneath

·
Registered
780 Posts
Do you have an adjustable track bar? Without the diff will be about 1/2 inch off to one side.

If you do, and it was centred properly and now isnt, then possible you have a bent or breaking track bar bracket.

·
Registered
780 Posts
There is a little slop in the bolt fitting in the holes in the trackbar bushes, its possible you jarred the axle sideways and the bolts werent tight enough to hold it still. I would loosen both track bar bolts and see if the diff moves back a little.

Its not likely the bushes are worn, as this would allow the diff to move back toward the centre rather than further across.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Bust out a tape measure or calipers or something, and figure out if your axle is centered or not. If not, figure out if it needs an adjustable trac bar or if something that used to be intact is no longer so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts