Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!

This is my first official post here on the Wrangler Forum!

I’ve had my YJ for a couple years now and am absolutely in love with her. I’ve done a few things so far to make it a more comfortable ride for my wife(she was involved in a car accident last year and it really jacked up her back).

So far:
•Front Track bar removed
•Bilstein Shocks installed
•Old Man Emu springs added

Now obviously there is only so much comfort that could be had from a leaf spring suspension. But I am hoping some PRP suspension seats would be a benefit for my wife’s back and the overall comfort of my Jeep. (Added plus...I currently have the stock spice vinyl seats which get crazy hot in these California summers. It would be nice to move to cloth)

So my question is: has anyone added suspension seats to their YJ? Has it made any difference at all? If you have them, are their any pics you’d happily share?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I have Corbeau Baja RS. They dramatically improve the ride. My only complaint is that the seat back is not as tall as I would like. I'm six feet tall and wish my seat back was three or four inches taller.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Corbeau Baja RS. They dramatically improve the ride. My only complaint is that the seat back is not as tall as I would like. I'm six feet tall and wish my seat back was three or four inches taller.

Thanks for the reply! Did you end up buying the brackets Corbeau sells?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Totally agree they are just a tad too short in the back lol.

Thanks for the reply! Did you end up buying the brackets Corbeau sells?
I have the same seats and no bracket was needed, they bolted directly to the stock YJ seat slider mounts.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Thanks for the reply! Did you end up buying the brackets Corbeau sells?[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't, but I have been thinking about it to lower the seats.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have Mastercraft seats. They are very comfortable. I do not have the adjustable back version. Bought them to help the wife's back. Get quality seats. Avoid the cheap low buck seats. Maybe call the seat manufacturers for a local retail outlet to test sit.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
I too have Mastercraft seats, with this set being the Rubicons with the adjustable lumbar support. I also have the matching bench in the rear. This is the second set of Mastercrafts I have had in a YJ, and my 5th set overall in Jeep vehicles. I have used other manufacturers, but always end up back in the Mastercraft camp.

I am 5’9”, 180, my chick is 5’2” and about a buck twenty-five. We have done road trips of 1000+ miles, with 400+ mile days, with zero complaints. To put it succinctly, we both love these seats, and virtually everyone who has ridden in (or driven) any of my Mastercraft equipped Jeeps has had nothing but positive comments. These seats have pretty substantial bolsters, so may not be as comfortable as others depending on body shape/size.

My suggestion is to “test drive” a variety. At least twice I have bought pricier suspension seats than what I was currently running, that were supposed to be the greatest thing since the invention of the tractor seat with an actual spring. After putting miles on them, both ‘wheeling and street use, it became apparent that most expensive is not necessarily the best. That being said, as has been previously stated, you do get what you pay for in seating. Don’t buy junk and you won’t be disappointed.

Attachments

Reactions: rushwal

·
Registered
124 Posts
I sent my corbeau suspension seats back. Did not seam like any more movement in the seat than factory.

I used the corbeau brackets with some salvage yard seats from a Sonic / Cruze. On my project list is to shorten the seat brackets then place a lawnmower suspension seat base under the Sonic seats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts