Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

before i had some spacers and the stock springs an dmy front sagged about 2".
now i have a OME HD suspoension and everybody told me that my TJ will be leveled out with this suspension.
it has a great ride, the best i ever had in a TJ, but my front is still about 1.5" lower than the rear.
do i have to install some 1"-1.5" spacers on top of the OME springs to level my TJ out?

thanks for your advice.

nicolas-eric :wavey:

that´s how my TJ looks like now with the OME suspension:

·
Registered
69 Posts
You may have to put front spacers to bring up the front. Some company will make lifted springs that still have the front setting lower than the rear, So if you put some weight of the jeep it will not set lower than the front.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Off topic but nic, your jeep is sexy as all heck get out.

Our jeeps should have a play date some day. ;)

~Lev

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
TJ's even with a lift, are raked down in the front... you'll need small spacers to level it out.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I would add in the front spacers. You talked to the guy, but is it worth the effort to send it all back after uninstalling it? Just put the spacers on and be done with it.
BTW you need bigger tires:D
HTH for a YJ guy

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
i will install the winch in 2 weeks after my holiday and then i will see how big spacers i need.

i need bigger tires?
no no no. when i full flex the tires have only about .5" until they would rub.
i drove on a 42" ramp with one tire today and all other 3 tires had contact to the ground.

in our german offroad parks you need more flex than ground clearance.
i thought about some 35s instead of my 32s, but that could kill my axles...
i´ll buy some 33x12.5x15 yokohama MTs next spring. i don´t want bigger tires.

btw. i talked to my dealer in the US. my 4.56 gears and a rear electrac are on the way to me.

@Levinoss:

i´ll be in colorado springs this november. come around and we can go wheeling together.

or if you want to make a trip to germany we´ll find a jeep for you and then you can show the germans how americans like to wheel...

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
where are you measuring? If you are looking at the wheel openings then quit. Get out your tape and measure the frame. :)

Something else looks funky. The gap between your rocker and tube step isn't level. Measure up to the bottom of the frame on level ground and get me the measurements. :)

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
or if you want to make a trip to germany we´ll find a jeep for you and then you can show the germans how americans like to wheel...
Muddy and topless? ;)

~Lev

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mr.c: please don´t talk about my tube steps. a frend tried to bring it 2" uo after the 2" BL and it looks very ugly now.
that´s why i already ordered two of these rocker guards: https://www.quadratec.com/products/12002_7XX_PG.htm

i want that the gap between the tire and the flare is the same in the front and the rear. is that really stupid?
in the rear this gap is 9.5" big and in the fornt only 8".

i don´t know if that´s normal, but in my eyes this looks bad.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Those guards are gonna look sick on ur rig.

~Lev

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,852 Posts
is that really stupid?
in the rear this gap is 9.5" big and in the fornt only 8".

i don´t know if that´s normal, but in my eyes this looks bad.

Might look bad but that is how OME works. Measure your frame for me and see how far off it really is.

Here is a good picture of another wrangler. Notice the difference in gap? You need to look at something other than the distance between tire and flare.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@ levinoss: i could only find these guards at the moment. i told my dealer to find some powdercoated guards.

@ mr.c: i know what you mean. but all my friends ask me why my jeeps front is that low.
and in the front i need more space. because when i full flex it works, but only if i drive straight on. in curves it rubs a bit.

and no, i don´t want to extend my bumpstops - until my locker is installed.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
one more problem.
i lowered the TC about 0.5" and i got no vibes.

but theres a problem with the auto tranny skidplate (in front of the TC plate) and the front driveshaft.
if the drivers side front wheel goes down while flexing the front driveshaft goes down to the auto tranny skidplate.
can i lower this plate 1-1.5" while the TC plate is lowered only for .5"?

:wavey:

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,852 Posts
@ mr.c: i know what you mean. but all my friends ask me why my jeeps front is that low.
and in the front i need more space. because when i full flex it works, but only if i drive straight on. in curves it rubs a bit.

and no, i don´t want to extend my bumpstops - until my locker is installed.
Just because your friends "think" your jeep sits unlevel doesn't make it sit that way. Buck up to them and tell them how it is.

Just because you don't want to extend your bumpstops doesn't make your suspension tuned the way it should be. Extending your bumpstops means you don't tear up your jeep. If you can't get over a specific obstacle because you don't have lockers then find some wheel speed or a different way over.

You don't lose flex because your bump stops are extended.

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,852 Posts
one more problem.
i lowered the TC about 0.5" and i got no vibes.

but theres a problem with the auto tranny skidplate (in front of the TC plate) and the front driveshaft.
if the drivers side front wheel goes down while flexing the front driveshaft goes down to the auto tranny skidplate.
can i lower this plate 1-1.5" while the TC plate is lowered only for .5"?

:wavey:
The tcase is hooked to the skid. Dropping the skid doesn't change the angle much. If your drive shaft is hitting the skid I'd suggest cutting the skid. Although, that's the first I've ever heard of that problem. Can you take some pictures?

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,852 Posts
i don´t think so. (but i´m no expert)

one wheel on the axle goes down like before. the other wheel on the axle can´t go up like before because of the extended bumpstops.
in my opinion that´s a loose of flex
Just because you moved the pivot point lower does not mean you lost flex.

Let me ask you this. If your tire articulates up into the fender and your fender stops your tire from moving farther upwards then what happened? Did your fender limit articulation?? Bump stops are as basic to suspension geometry as it gets.

Another example. I'm running 35" tires on Anya's jeep with ~ 4" of lift. Does it look to you like I lost any articulation?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts