Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my previous login got wiped so had to make a new one.

I have a 2012 Sahara, it's been great and I love it, its creeping to 100k miles and just started giving me issues for first time ever. So I'm thinking of trading in for. 19-20 JL.

Have a question about tires and wheels, I could prob call and ask dealership but figured I'd ask her first. I have 35inch mickey Thompson's and 20ince fuel rims, maybe 6 months old. Has anyone ever had the dealer put the trade In tires on new rig and vice versa? I would think they would rather have the trade in have new tires.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys, my previous login got wiped so had to make a new one.

I have a 2012 Sahara, it's been great and I love it, its creeping to 100k miles and just started giving me issues for first time ever. So I'm thinking of trading in for. 19-20 JL.

Have a question about tires and wheels, I could prob call and ask dealership but figured I'd ask her first. I have 35inch mickey Thompson's and 20ince fuel rims, maybe 6 months old. Has anyone ever had the dealer put the trade In tires on new rig and vice versa? I would think they would rather have the trade in have new tires.

Thoughts?
Have you considered getting a 2018 JK vs 19-20 JL? I just traded my 2013 JKU for a new 2018 JKU with 40 miles. Got a great deal on it because everyone wants the JL. I test drove the JL and Gladiator, but preferred the JKU platform. Might be another option if you’re looking to save 5-10k.

As far as tires go, if the jeep you’re buying doesn’t have 35’s on it, I would think the dealer would say no. They would have to put stock/smaller tires, depending on what model you got, on a lifted 2012. If it’s 35’s for 35’s, I would think they’d be ok with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's no lift just 35s.. sits real low. But yea I don't think they'd do it, more value for it traded in with it, just hard to swallow 5k spent on them and only enjoyed the look for 6 months, now have to spend another 5k on top of 50k for a JL. ; /
Got my original Sahara with leather for 36k brand new in 2012.. good ole inflation!

·
Registered
21 Posts
There's no lift just 35s.. sits real low. But yea I don't think they'd do it, more value for it traded in with it, just hard to swallow 5k spent on them and only enjoyed the look for 6 months, now have to spend another 5k on top of 50k for a JL. ; /
Got my original Sahara with leather for 36k brand new in 2012.. good ole inflation!
Doesn’t hurt to ask. The dealer wants you to buy a new jeep, so make them work for it and give you what you want. There’s tons of jeeps and dealers out there. I got my new 2018, loaded Golden Eagle for 34k. Unless you specifically want the JL, you can get a good deal on a 2018 JK that hasn’t been sold yet.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I would almost guarantee the dealer would be happy to swap the new jeeps tires and wheels over to your trade. Make sure yours fit the JL tho.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
They arent gonna give you crap for them in the trade. When i traded my '15 JKU in for my '18 JLU i stripped everything from the JK that would work on the JL. The JK got brand new JL rubi wheels and i kept my Hutchinsons with 35's on them.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I had no problems getting them to swap tires/rims on my deal even though I asked after the paperwork was done.

I think each dealer would make that choice though.

·
Registered
231 Posts
If you were in PA I would tell you come see me as I have stock wheels you can have. I would keep the new wheels and put them on the new JL. Agree with above find some OEM take offs, there should be some around, cause you won't get the value for your 35s on the trade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts