Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 recon that I installed an AEV 2" spacer kit on as soon as I got it home. I found that you can get the coils from the 2" mopar kit 77070088ac for $185 for all 4 coils shipped from moparonlineparts. for $185 I decided pretty hard to beat that. part numbers for the 4 door coils are 77070096 and 77070091.

Most people report getting around 3" or so of lift. Recons run about 1/2" taller than standard rubicon and I actually lost about 1/2" going from the AEV 2" spacers to the mopar coils but that is ok as I have always preferred getting lift from coils vs spacers any way.. My point is for anyone wanting to do a fairly cheap frankenlift this is not a bad way to go. they ride very good paired with my Falcon 3.1 shocks.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Did you need to make any additional adjustments? I assume not since most spacer lifts equal about the 1.5-2" mark in lift. I am running Teraflex spacers and have been considering swapping to springs and hoping to get a little more lift without having to do any geometry corrections.

·
Super Moderator
22,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Did you need to make any additional adjustments? I assume not since most spacer lifts equal about the 1.5-2" mark in lift. I am running Teraflex spacers and have been considering swapping to springs and hoping to get a little more lift without having to do any geometry corrections.
No, steering wheel was still spot on. I am already running Teraflex sport arms and I lost just 1/2" of height so still will be about perfect. I was running a track bar bracket in the back but with the spacers I was about 1/2" off center and with the new coils I was closer to 3/4" so removed it and now I am spot on in the back and front is less about 3/16" off which is about as close as you can get. depending on what coils you have you will probably get some lift unless you have a Recon edition. My AEV 2" gave me just that 2" from stock recon height.
Using these diagrams I am at 12" on the front spring perch and 7.25" on the back

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I’ve been trying to decide on coils. I have ome shocks sitting in the garage with a track bar and no springs. This is a great option. I’m running 35’s on teraflex leveling kit now.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I forgot to measure the before. Ended up at 12-1/4" up front. Rear is 7-5/8" driver and 7-1/8" passenger. I did the 77070099 rears though cause I have a 2dr. It's a soft top with lightweight steel bumpers and a synthetic cable winch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is interesting. So I'm running a stock 09 Sahara Unlimited. If I went with these coils, what size shocks would you recommend? I'm thinking of Rancho 5000x's. It seems with only a 2 inch lift you wouldn't need too many other parts to make the whole lift work, right? Maybe LCA's to address caster (if there is an issue) and break line brackets. Anything else?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Brake line extensions.
Sway bar extensions.
Geometry Correction Brackets (if you want to keep stock type handling)
Rear track bar bracket
These parts assuming you want the Jeep to handle properly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Brake line extensions.
Sway bar extensions.
Geometry Correction Brackets (if you want to keep stock type handling)
Rear track bar bracket
These parts assuming you want the Jeep to handle properly.
Aren't most of those things for 2.5+ lifts. This is only 2 inches.
The LCAs should take care of the geo brackets.
Brake like relocaters instead of extenders.
And I didn't think you needed sway bar extentions and rear track bar with such a small lift?

You disagree?

·
Super Moderator
14,863 Posts
And I didn't think you needed sway bar extentions and rear track bar with such a small lift?

You disagree?
The Mopar coils aren't 2"... That's just their propaganda to allow people running the Mopar 2 inch lift to keep their warranty. These springs are closer to a 3" lift than a 2" lift. It would need all of the goodies of a complete lift.

The closest to what you are after is the Rancho 2" lift with shocks...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks Pressurized. That's helpful. I've read the Rancho thread all the way through and that was my original plan. I thought this might be a "create your own" alternative. But I suspected that these Mopar springs are bigger than advertised. Looks like I'll stick with the other plan.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I still need to get longer rear end links and a track bar bracket. Do you know if Raptor Series adjustable end links are any good or should I get JKS?

·
Super Moderator
22,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I still need to get longer rear end links and a track bar bracket. Do you know if Raptor Series adjustable end links are any good or should I get JKS?
Hard to beat jks rear adjustable links. They are proven.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts

You disagree?
Yes, I disagree.
I see Pressurized answered your question, so I won't go into detail.
Brake line re locators, extensions are the same thing, and unless your a hard core rock crawler, GEO brackets will do much more that lower control arms, that is unless you just want people to see your off road LCA's :)
I've done it both ways, and there is no comparison for a daily driver/moderate weekend off roader.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just looked the part numbers up on mopar.ca.

Front coils are $43
Rear coils are $109

Wonder why such a price discrepancy...

·
Super Moderator
22,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just looked the part numbers up on mopar.ca.

Front coils are $43
Rear coils are $109

Wonder why such a price discrepancy...
just the way it is. always has been that way. Maybe rear coils are tougher to make. I would have to look but off the top of my head think they were made in Mexico.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
I am also in need of rear TB bracket. Do you happen to have a link of the one you are contemplating for discussion purposes?

·
Super Moderator
14,863 Posts
The Raptor Series links are quite good for a fixed link. They use a rod end style joint on each end. If I need to replace mine at any point, I will be using those.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I am also in need of rear TB bracket. Do you happen to have a link of the one you are contemplating for discussion purposes?
I got that one. Looks to be strong for a bolt on style. I got some cheap adjustable endlinks off ebay for 30 bucks. Don't know how well they will hold up but for now they work great.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I installed the Clayton last night with the AEV modified track bar. Nice piece, excellent finish and quality hardware. I like the metal cloak and synergy also. Synergy was specific that it wouldn't work with my shocks. Clayton's clam shell bracket sold me. It's grenade proof. I didn't want to cut and weld.The AEV custom bent bar gives me plenty of exhaust pipe clearance and I got much better geometry and I feel it handles better on the road. Try to avoid the Land of Covid products and you should be ok. I shook my head with the other bracket specific thread about the guy warning not to over-torque the cheap China hardware. AEV raises a full five inches on their top hole. Clayton is 3.5" and 4.5" I used the upper hole because I wanted to level the bar more evenly, though I'm only lifted 1 3/8" per the chart in the rear. I noticed it lost that jerky pitch on a windy road immediately.The wife even noticed it handles better and she doesn't notice many positive improvements................:)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts