Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to remove the drop pitman arm from my 4" lifted TJ and install the factory pitman arm followed by removing the stock trackbar and drop track bar bracket on the axle and replacing that with a Rubicon Express 1600 track bar.

I found a few writeups on removing/replacing trackbars ( Round #2 - Page 12 , TeraFlex Front Track Bar Rebuild - Installation) however I have found it hard to find writeups involving removing/installing pitman arms. My main question is when i drop the draglink from the pitman arm should I reuse everything or should I go ahead and replace the bushings/nuts/ect?? It looks like the bolt holding the draglink to the pitman arm is covered in some white locktite goop, and I'm not sure if I manage to get the bolt unthreaded if it will gunk up the threads or not.

Here are a few pictures of what I am talking about... Here is my drop track bar bracket on the axle side

Here you can see the drop pitman arm and where the trackbar/draglink cross over

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
replace if you want the bushings are pretty cheap at napa, rent a pitman arm puller or you will never get it off

1 - 2 of 2 Posts